• Show
Clear All

• cellarius
    replied
    Oh, ok, so we mean exactly the same here

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Sorry, meant internal as in vB feature ads - money staying in-hosue just refers to not displaying external company's ads in there

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    I would warn against showing ads for other branches of IB, that might not go down well with parts of the user base. But as I said: use it to showcase more hidden functionality.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Internal ads - money stays within IB/vBS...

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    I even think they should run the occasional ad to guests to show off the advertising feature - not stuff like adsense, but something like "did you know" stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Ohiosweetheart
    replied
    I agree. I feel that they need to use the Notices feature. I don't think I've seen it used here - where better to utilize it? You would think that they would make use of all of these great features on vb.com to show them off, as a sales pitch if nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    I've kind of liked the idea of having the ability to force a notice on users - provided it's not abused in that I get hit with one every few weeks or sooner. Two options for this:

- Use lightbox to display on screen
    - Use an idea I've seen in a mod for changes to rules - can't post until you've read and accepted it (Accept button doesn't show for x seconds).

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    cont'd:

I would suggest to use the notices to announce everything that's important - new announcements or important dev or management blog posts. And I would like to see a notice in the support forums that remembers users to use the search first, reminds them of the most broken rules ("for license related questions, submit a ticket, don't offer your license for sale and don't ask for support in presales. If you can't post in the appropriate support forum, read here"), and that points them to one thread or even an article where the most asked questions are answered. Might save support a lot of work Don't do that one site-global, but on a per forum basis.

Of course, that would be much easier to do if there was a more flexible way to decide where to show notices. I really hope for 4.1 the notices and the announcements system are merged, preserving best of both worlds.

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    started a topic Suggestions for the big vb.com-forums makeover

Suggestions for the big vb.com-forums makeover

It has been said that following the release of vB4 there would be some restructuring taking place in the forums.

I'd like to make some suggestions and hear your opinions, too - who knows, maybe one or the other thing could turn out to be a good idea.

I won't dive into the question of how to structure the forums - all in all, I don't think the current system needs that much improvement. But what I'd like to suggest is to make better use of the notices system, being in my eyes the one communication tool that brings messages across to the users, while no one ever seems to read stickies, and at least at my forums I long ago stopped using announcements, since no one ever bothers to read them.

(to be cont'd, since only 1000 characters allowed...)
vBulletin 4 Testers Group

About this Group

Social Group for users in the private vB4 Alpha and Early Beta test group (and staff if they want!).

Not available to those outside this group.
Type: Public
Topics: 15
Comments: 95

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X