VB 3.8 Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to VB 3.8 Forever

I set this group up for people who plan on using VB 3.8 once it is EOL and to discuss options for future support, bug and security fixes.

I don't think i'll be upgrading to vB 4 anytime soon, so I'm definitely one of those people that will need help once 3.8 goes EOL.

Comment

I'd be surprised if they EOL 3.8 on schedule but they will eventually and then member-derived fixes will be necessary.

Comment

Hey guys wetalknation.net has 20 licenses on 3.8. And won't upgrade or renew. If there is a security patch we will distribute it if possible, via vbfans.com like the last unpublished security patch for 3.8.5 Nice to see this group created.

Comment

I'm in.

I wonder if we'll get anyone willing to support further bug fixes?

Comment

I'm supporting my 3.8 install due to it's customization. I'll contribute bug fixes as I find them and fix them.
            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

I am going to keep my main site on 3.8 until i find a suitable replacement for vBulletin for that forum. Have no intension of upgrading to vB4. If any assistance is needed , i will be glad to chip in.

Comment

Hey guys. There has been some extensive discussion on this topic in this thread:
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...mmunity-effort

I recently posted the URL to the project I've been preparing for the last couple of days, so I'll post it here too:
                  http://www.vb3forever.org/

Let me know if you guys would support such a 3rd-party community site or if you would rather collaborate on some other site, perhaps vbulletin.org. I have qualms about vb.org because of the fact that vBS could pull the plug at any moment, but let me know what you think. Thanks!
                  Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

I was wondering who snagged vb3forever.com when I checked a couple days ago

Comment

Actually, the funny thing is that wasn't me. I have no idea who owns vb3forever.com. I wouldn't have registered the .org site if there was something already setup at vb3forever.com, but since it's just a domain parking page, I took it upon myself to register the .org site and set something up there. If nothing turns up at the .com site, I suppose I'll eventually contact the owner and see if I can get the domain from him.

Over the next couple of days I'll be writing a PHP patching script that can accept diff patches, and the hopefully once 3.8 officially reaches EOL, the project can get started.
                      Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

Also, if anyone wants to help/contribute before 3.8 goes EOL, I would be happy to let you in. This is a community project, after all.

Comment

I'm willing to help however I can... I'm not all that great with Vb though, just starting really- I've only done 1 real mod and it's just file edits.

Comment

I setup this group, but did not register any domain related to it.

Comment

I also have no intention to upgrade to vB4 in its current state. I like the idea of this group so here I am. I'll be glad to give help as much as getting it.

Comment

VB 3.8 Forever

About this Group

A group for people who wish to continue using VB 3.8 once it becomes EOL. Discuss options for future support, bug and security fixes.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 15
                              Comments: 69

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X