No announcement yet.

VB 3.8 Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've opened up the forum (link) so you guys can sign up and hopefully we can get the ball rolling. There is pretty much nothing there right now so please be patient as I get everything setup and get some basic content in. Once there is a small base of users signed up we can work on assigning other admins and mods.
    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

Awesome job Eriksrocks, thanks for setting up the forum! Since its on VB, then PT would be a natural fit for a bug tracker.

Comment

@Eriksrocks - Being a PT developer, I'm inclined to lean towards that.
        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

I think PT would be great.

And yeah I was afraid SVN would be out of the question Too bad though, personally I hate the idea of starting developing something in a team without proper version control.
          Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

@mlx - If we enforce the usage of .diff, and only .diff, we don't really need SVN.

When someone fixes a bug, they submit the patch, and everyone else can download and merge it into their dev environments, users of the service can also do the same.
            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

@Ryan - that's exactly how I envisioned things. Sounds like PT is good so when it is released for the 3.8 branch I'll install it and we can get started.
              Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

It's been released http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247073
                Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Yeah, good timing. It's installed now:
                  http://www.vb3forever.org/forum/project.php?projectid=1

Comment

Im going to register on vb3forever.org once im back from training (first week of august).

Comment

Hello. i wish I got some notification of new messages in here.

Anyway, yes, running a vB3.8 forum is perfect. And since it's already paid for, and there will never be any more official updates, well, there is no further money issue.

I will host the site for free with no ads on my dedicated server if ever there is a need to cover the hosting.

I have been working with Erik about how the vBForever patches interface should look and behave. We want a kickass interface that really makes you want to click "Install" when you see something cool, instead of hesitating or debating. It should be easy like the Apple App Store or Wordpress Plugins systems.

Comment

I registered on the site;

Comment

VB 3.8 Forever

About this Group

A group for people who wish to continue using VB 3.8 once it becomes EOL. Discuss options for future support, bug and security fixes.
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 15
                        Comments: 69

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X