No announcement yet.

NuHit users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still testing it out, installing each new version on my test site until i encounter no more bugs. But I will not migrate unless all wiki edits are imported. Theres no way that my users will want their edits blanked. I think Pegasus will add this as I have already discussed it with him. See: http://www.vaultwiki.org/issues/1903/
    I buy 420 forums

Comment

Pegasus added functions to import NuWiki edits.

I installed Vaultwiki on a copy of my site, imported NuWiki content and tested it until all apparent bugs where found. Then waited for the next release and installed on a fresh copy again. I repeated this 6 times until nothing new came to light. My experience was similar to Kaelon and dvsDave. Very fast and helpful response by Pegasus. A large number of bugs where resolved.

I decided to take the plunge and knew I was likely in for a ride. I installed it on my big board. Off course I am experiencing a waterfall of issues. Pegasus is working trough them fast.
      I always have hundreds of members and thousands of users online, and they are quick with reporting bugs to my bug tracker. So I expect and hope that most issues will become apparent quickly.

I will keep you updated.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

After one month of using Vaultwiki on my big board I am slowly running into less issues. Mind that I am exposing it to 10.000 concurrent users and I am running over 60 other addons, so the software its behavior in many exotic situations will come to light. Pegasus has been and is extremely helpful and quickly responds to any support request and fixes reported bugs fast. Im not regretting the move to Vaultwiki. Though its still some early to tell. Im happy that my site has gained a lot of new functionality and some annoying NuWiki bugs are gone now.

Pegasus is working on a rewrite of Vaultwiki. We will have to see what comes of it, but its positive news, because it likely means more stability and better performance for big boards. Vaultwiki 4 is going to be available for IPB and Xenforo which will mean that a lot more boards will be using the software. I see this as a positive development, as long as the cross platform approach will not cause compatibility issues for vbulletin boards.
        I buy 420 forums

Comment

I still get some issues now and then, but all in all I am satisfied and certainly do not regret the migration from NuWiki.
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

I have also finally made the transition to nuwiki. I have a fairly large wiki and was pleased with the way the conversion went.

It did not happen overnight. It took several tries on my test site before I felt prepared to take it live. Total downtime on my live forum was less than 4 hours. But I was not trying to hurry either.

My problem now is figuring out exactly how to uninstall nuwiki. the vaultwiki instruction manual says to refer to nuwiki documentation but I cannot find anything in my nuwiki stuff (nor on the old nuhit.com board) that tells me what I need to do to uninstall it.

Anyone know where I can find directions to do that?

Comment

There isn't anyone here who knows the procedure to uninstall nuwiki?

Comment

I know that Pegasus from Vaultwiki will provide an uninstall script, after vaultwiki 4 is released.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

Thanks Alfa, I didnt know that. That helps!

Comment

vaultwiki 4 has taken a long time for release. vBulletin's persistent problems with CKEditor didn't help.
                    vaultwiki 3 was designed as a "vB clone" of Mediawiki. It was well coded and worked as designed. Problem was, Mediawiki sucks - even the creator of Mediawiki himself says that. It is just too cumbersome for almost anyone. It certainly is too steep a learning curve for average and even above average forum user. The idea behind vW 4 is to simplify things. Sadly, there has been very little information out there to suggest vW 4 will be "easier" to use than version 3. I certainly hope it is.

Comment

I'm running Vaultwiki without any significant bugs, so all in all I am satisfied with the migration.
                      I do hope that VW4 will be coming out, as some of the upcoming functionality will make a lot of difference for my sites activity.
                      I buy 420 forums

Comment

NuHit users

About this Group

This group is dedicated to NuHit users that want to stay in touch with their products if anything goes wrong with NuHit site.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 17
                      Comments: 103

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X