NuHit users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin 4 and NuWiki. What now?

I'd love to read your thoughts about upgrading to vbulletin 4 and the use of NuWiki.

I have found that myself and several others that use NuWiki are facing a major dillemma for vbulletin 4. NuWiki works like a charm, but needs to get updated to vbulletin 4. Several people seem interested in getting NuWiki updated by a qualified coder(s).

Does anyone have a clue of how to reach Bert (Elfmage)?
    I buy 420 forums

Honestly, I'm sticking with vB 3.8.x+ for the time being. The fact that NuWiki is a major component for my site only plays a small factor in this decision. I have yet to see a compelling reason why we should move to vBulletin 4, and to the contrary, the changes in the styling, the lack of Enterprise Search, the inefficiencies that have been introduced through the CMS (whose queries evidently are prone to bringing servers to their knees), and the debacle which has unfolded with regards to the customer uprising here, leaves me with a desire to take a "wait and see" approach for how things pan out. I do not believe that there is a better product on the market right now than vBulletin 3.8, including vBulletin 4.

That said, I do want to support continued development of NuWiki. Bert (Elfmage) was onto something really special with this script, and he coded it so elegantly - it was simple and incredibly powerful because of its simplicity.

Comment

Even if we would be able to get NuWiki updated to vb4, then it would take quite some time to get that coded. It would surely not be ready before 4.1 By that time a lot of problems should be ironed out.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

With the NuHit website back up, though, I have to wonder whether that means if Bert has made a pre-emptive return to the coding scene?

Comment

He has logged into his account on vb.org in September.
          Im still not getting any response trough the nuhit contact form.
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

What about the license of the script? Is Bert the only Owner ?

Comment

Anybody already runs NuWiki on vB 4.0 ??
              www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

Its unclear who owns Nuwiki,. I assume Bert does.
                I would be very surprised if Nuwiki would work on vbulletin 4. It needs to be adjusted.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

I am positive that Bert owns NuWiki. There was talk back when pegasus (of Cracked Egg Studios) decided to create VaultWiki by using NuWiki as a base that he could face legal troubles if NuHit ever came back as an entity and decided to protect its legal proprietary rights. The general consensus from CES at that time seemed to be, "Because Bert has vanished, we are not concerned with trampling on his rights." It would be very interesting to see, if Bert does come back onto the scene, what implications this would have for VaultWiki.

Comment

Interesting thread.... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1870604

Bert's NuWiki seems like a winning concept compared to the vB's CMS so far
                    www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

Unfortunately, it seems like mod developers are fleeing in droves to Invision Power Board. Some of my favorite mod developers are gone, and others are in the process of converting.

Comment

There are still plenty qualified coders left.
                        I buy 420 forums

Comment

Well atm you cant even get coders if you want to people on vb.org are shouting on developers (paid) but only a few are getting it.

Comment

Well, count me in as someone who has been using vbWiki Pro and is very happy with the integration and stability of the platform, and would be very interested in seeing it continued. I haven't found anything else that can do what it can.

Most other integrations begin with the forum and add on a wiki to it, but it never has the functionality that MediaWiki has. VbWiki Pro preserves the "power" of MW yet still preserves all of vBulletin as well.

Comment

Anyone come up with any great ideas yet?

I have decided to stay with the 3.x series of Vbulletin, which means I have no current problems. But what happens 4 to 5 years from now when the 3x series of VB no longer works? I mean, at some point it will become obsolete and not function properly.

By then both my wiki and forums will be twice as big as now (which is already considerable). It concerns me that years of posts and effort could be unusable.

Comment

NuHit users

About this Group

This group is dedicated to NuHit users that want to stay in touch with their products if anything goes wrong with NuHit site.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 17
                              Comments: 103

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X