No announcement yet.

looking to migrate from phpbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have DL 2.3.4 and installed it. I get this error when I do the import...

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./../admin/bbimport.php in /home/shatter-box.com/html/testforum/admin/importers/bbimport_phpbb2.php on line 4

Warning: main(./../admin/bbimport.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shatter-box.com/html/testforum/admin/importers/bbimport_phpbb2.php on line 4

Comment

nevermind..i got it fixed. Now that I have them in the 2.3.4 how do I merge those post to VB3.

Comment

Piece of cake... just follow the upgrade instructions for VB3 and all your posts will be there just fine. There isn't an import process from VB2 > VB3 like there is when you first change forums.

Comment

I got phpBB 2.0.7, I guess it will also work to convert it to vB 2.3.4?

Also, when converting from phpBB to vB, does it only convert the users and posts or also the forums. And how about the polls?

Another question I have is if there will be any problems updating from vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4 to the final release, once it comes out?

Thanks!

P.S. I didn't want to open a new thread for this.

Comment

I'm not sure if there were any structural changes but as far as I know, it should import polls.

No you shouldn't have any problems. If you do, open up a support ticket for assistance
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I just noticed that there is a phpBB2 converter in vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4, what's the deal with that?

vBulletin_3-0-0_Release_Candidate_4_10297468\upload\admincp\importers\bbimport_phpbb2.php

Comment

That's probably the phpBB to vB3 importer. On another note, to get priority support, make sure you fill THIS page out so that you unlock essential member benefits.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I thought I did that a long time ago. I guess it's gone because I changed my e-mail on the forums.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm just guessing. I don't know if you are showing up licensed or unlicensed as the questions you were better suited off to the forums for licensed people so I got suspicious :|

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by XiXiDu
                      I thought I did that a long time ago. I guess it's gone because I changed my e-mail on the forums.

Thanks!
                      Yes. you need to add your changed email to the form:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

With the gold edition arriving soon, does anyone know what functionality the phpbb to vb3 importer will have? My concerns in order of priority are:

user accounts
                        old tags (quote, img, b)
                        smilies

Thanks!

Comment

I might be mistaken, but in phpBB private messages is a hack therefore it wouldn't be possible to import.

What is imported from phpBB is from its default legacy configuration (meaning no hacks).

Smilies you will probably need to manually add in (really easy when you use mass add). Old tags will probably be needed to add in manually however probably not needed with the WYSIWYG editor (you get spoiled by it)

Comment

user accounts - Yes
                            posts - Yes
                            private messages - Yes
                            old tags (quote, img, b) - Pretty sure
                            smilies - Not likely - too many possibilities

Oh... PM's are standard issue for phpBB2 and if I'm not mistaken, custom avatars will also be included in the import. One thing to consider is that userid's WILL change though. This makes no difference on a stand alone board but if you're integrated with something else it's a big issue (gallery, classifieds, etc).

Comment

Cool, Well what I have is an empty install of vb3 and photopost. I am hoping to just dump all my phpbb content into these "shells", and by default since the userdb is shared with photopost they'll be ok, or am I wrong? Sorry to go off topic about photopost but would I need to import to vb3, then install photopost? I hope not because I've done a lot of work tweaking pp. I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal though. Thanks, -and damn vb3 is amazing compared to the competition, a league of their own, congrats.

Comment

could you open up a thread on a vB3 forum rather than presales? This way other members of this forum or vB staff wouldn't be suspicious that you are an unlicensed owner and that other members could pitch their ideas to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X