Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisibility Option and Pre-Sales Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisibility Option and Pre-Sales Questions.

Hello, I'm looking to purchase VB this next week or two. I Had a few questions relating to the software.

1) Invisibility - Is there a way to NOT allow users to become invisible? They're not used to the feature by allowing them to, and honestly, I don't want them to be.

2) Is there a way to force the VB to always set at -6 time zone? I don't like the GMT time showing for anyone who has not registered. is it like that because PHP forces everything GMT?

3) I understand that there is UBB 6.3.x importer? Does it import every detail of the board (ie: PM's, Messages, User Account #, Total Posts by user, etc) [(minus images, i'm sure)]

4) What does "Subscribe to Thread" mean/do? I've not found any documentation on that.

I appreciate all the help I can get before purchasing! I've invistigated all different types of boards, but this one surpasses all of them.

Thanks!

Hello, sorry for the late reply, but here goes ..

Originally posted by rodin
    1) Invisibility - Is there a way to NOT allow users to become invisible? They're not used to the feature by allowing them to, and honestly, I don't want them to be.
    Yes, you can set per usergroup 'Can Set Self to Invisible Mode: Yes,No'

2) Is there a way to force the VB to always set at -6 time zone? I don't like the GMT time showing for anyone who has not registered. is it like that because PHP forces everything GMT?
    Yes, let me quote from the vBulletin Options (global options) page:
    Default Time Zone Offset (Time zone offset for guests and new users. Do not take DST into consideration, rather use the next option to enable/disable DST.) -12h/+12h.

3) I understand that there is UBB 6.3.x importer? Does it import every detail of the board (ie: PM's, Messages, User Account #, Total Posts by user, etc) [(minus images, i'm sure)]
    The vBulletin.com Member Area only says: Infopop Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2 I couldn't find 6.3.x - I will ask someone to answer this question for you

4) What does "Subscribe to Thread" mean/do? I've not found any documentation on that.
    You can subscribe to a thread in vBulletin. Once subscribed, you can get email notification (and version 3 even has more options: subscribe without email notification, with instant email notification, daily email notification and weekly email notification). This means that if there are any replies to the thread, it will be emailed to you. (or at least in the user control panel it will show that there is new activity in that thread.)

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

The current UBB classic import script works with versions up to 6.5.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies floris and Steve! I am unable to find "'Can Set Self to Invisible Mode: Yes,No" in the "Admin Demo" here on vBulletin?? Where am I overlooking this feature? Is it only available on VB3?
        Also for the Time Zone, is this for version 2 or 3?

I Really appreciate the help!! I've received enough donations from my userbase to purchase VB, woohoo!

Thanks for all of your help!!

Comment

The 'invisible' option is available in each member's User CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Rodin, you can remove the option to be invisible by editing the profile templates.

Also, the UBB importer imports everything, even the styles.
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

Thanks, the invisibility will be an easy hack then. What abotu the Time Zone stuff?

Comment

You can do this by modifying the default timezone and removing this option from the appropriate user templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X