Any server reccomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any server reccomendations?

Starting with a brand new website, would a server with 10 GB data transfer last me for a while?

And what size server do I need to be looking at for the future (assuming 100 regular, active forum members) ?

Just looking for suggestions from people who have been there and done that.

Up to 100 users online, most big shared hosting accounts offer up to 25 or even 50 gb traffic each month and are able to pull the site.

Over 150 users online with a cookie timeout set at 900, I suggest dedicated hosting. Most dedicated hosting accounts come with at least 25 gb traffic.

Comment

I'd say forget about any server offering 10gb transfer a month. My servers would do that without any sites on it! (updates)

There are NOC's like oneandone who offer standard servers at a low price, the downside is the fact that they offer a low amount of transfer on all servers. They also charge 1.50 GBP per GB if you go over your limit.

If you get a dedicated server, i would not suggest going below 100gb transfer. (just to be on the safe side... What if you got DOSed?)

Comment

If you get shared hosting and a DoS attack, you have the same problem.

Why buy dedicated if you only have 100 users online and dont'need more then 10 to 25 gb per month?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X