Almost ready to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost ready to buy

Hi everyone. Having got my domain names sorted, and narrowed down my list of potential hosts, I’m ready to purchase the vbulletin product. But not really sure which version to go for, so can anyone sum up for me the plus or minus of going with version 2 or opting for version 3. Have made my eyes hurt these past few days trawling through the forums but still not sure of the way to go. Also am having trouble trying to locate the uk page so I can see the prices in sterling. Oh, and can anyone tell me how much space the software will take up before any users are let loose on it? Thanks.

Hi Rains.

Welcome to vBulletin! You have the choice of selecting vBulletin RC3 or vBulletin 2.3.4
    They are both available in the Members Area for you to choose.

You can select the stable vBulletin 2.3.4 and perform a massive upgrade later on to vBulletin 3 (you'll need to run a vB2 to vB3 import/upgrade script) or go straight to vB3 and perform only minor upgrades.

The price is 88.3589 GBP

Your size depends on what features you enable (eg. attachements, avatars) and how many visitors and how much activity you expect to have.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply, ManagerJosh. The price looks great! So I think I’ll go for full licence and jump straight in with version 3. Hopefully there won’t be too many teething problems with the new software. Also I can start coming to grips with the latest version straight away. With regards to my hosting, I’m looking at going with a well known uk company who is offering 600 MB of webspace, 7GB data transfer per month, 300 pop 3 accounts (would these be useful?) and autoresponders etc, at £7.95 not inc vat per month. I assume this will be enough for me to practice on while I try and build a membership etc? Thanks.

Comment

You might up the bandwith (data transfer)
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X