Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible?

Hi there...

Another potential purchaser here, but can someone clear this up for me?

I'm part of a clan which's currently running a phpnuke 6.9 site; the idea being to upgrade to a vb portal based site - hopefully a v3 based one.

However, the terms seem a little bit restrictive in how the licence is used, so is this possible?

We'd like to transfer the sql and details out of the current site to a holding pen where it can be converted to vb and configured properly - and all our posts and users are happy (we have about 200 users and 12,000) posts, so we don't want to lose all that data.

Once the config is complete we'd then move it lock, stock, and barrel to the permanent site.

Is this permissible under a 1-licence purchase, assuming I register the final url during the buy, and only one site is active at once.

TIA.

Yes.
    You are permitted to keep a test-site (which is what you'd want to use in this case) as long as that site isn't reachable by the public at large. Typically a password-protected web-area will suffice.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

Excellent.

Thanks a lot.

<Proggy fumbles for his credit card.. >

Comment

Happy to help.
        Welcome to the gang.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X