Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advis0r
    replied
    hehe can you give me permission to take them to court for ya and uhm sue them for a couple measly bucks to pay for my renewal fees.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by marcgo15
    So all the people that are using the pirated vBulletin Software, will they have legal actions be taken on them aswell?
    You seem awfully curious to know exactly what we do.

Let me just say that we do everything allowed by law to protect our intellectual property. We don't give out specific information because that would just be helping the pirates.

Leave a comment:

• trackpads
    replied
    Originally posted by marcgo15
    So all the people that are using the pirated vBulletin Software, will they have legal actions be taken on them aswell?
    I hope so.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• mbailey
    replied
    haha, alright, thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by mbailey
    do you initially contact the host, or the site owner?
    We do not give out specific information on what we do with pirated sites. No sense tipping them off.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Wheatley
    replied
    Some people think they can get away with a lot if they threaten legal action. The guy who wrote that rubbish though sounds about 12 years old. 'Don't even think about it'.

Leave a comment:

• mbailey
    replied
    do you initially contact the host, or the site owner?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    All piracy reports are followed up on unsually within one week. After that it can sometimes take weeks to get a site shut down depending on how much cooperation the host provides. Unfortunately some hosts provide no cooperation at all.

Leave a comment:

• mbailey
    replied
    well, i did fill out the piracy complaint forum, and their forum is still online, i checked the members list, and i didn't see the usual "pirate killer" account that the vB anti-piracy team usually registers, do you have any idea as to when charges will be filed against this forum?

Thank you for your time.

love,
    mikey

Leave a comment:

• SpeedStreet
    replied
    Well, I did some poking around.

Is the guy who does this a kid? Have you guys taken legal action yet? This software is obviously a rip...from the fact that there are many substandard boards using that software, to this supposed coder of 70% new material doesn't seem to have any more or any less functionality than one or two hacks would provide.

At least you can't download the software...

Leave a comment:

• gorman
    replied
    How sad...

Leave a comment:

• Andy Z
    replied
    Also, they never had a license to the software, so they should never have had access to the code to modify.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by poolking
    So are you basically saying that every single Hololith powered board is pirated?
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Even if they had a real vB license, it is against the license agreement to rebrand the software - with or without the 'branding free' license.

Leave a comment:

• Erwin
    replied
    They even have the same version numbers as vB3 Betas...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X