No announcement yet.

legally run pirated vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i did fill out the piracy complaint forum, and their forum is still online, i checked the members list, and i didn't see the usual "pirate killer" account that the vB anti-piracy team usually registers, do you have any idea as to when charges will be filed against this forum?

Thank you for your time.

love,
    mikey

Comment

All piracy reports are followed up on unsually within one week. After that it can sometimes take weeks to get a site shut down depending on how much cooperation the host provides. Unfortunately some hosts provide no cooperation at all.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

do you initially contact the host, or the site owner?

Comment

Some people think they can get away with a lot if they threaten legal action. The guy who wrote that rubbish though sounds about 12 years old. 'Don't even think about it'.

Comment

Originally posted by mbailey
            do you initially contact the host, or the site owner?
            We do not give out specific information on what we do with pirated sites. No sense tipping them off.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

haha, alright, thanks for the info.

Comment

So all the people that are using the pirated vBulletin Software, will they have legal actions be taken on them aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by marcgo15
                  So all the people that are using the pirated vBulletin Software, will they have legal actions be taken on them aswell?
                  I hope so.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marcgo15
                    You seem awfully curious to know exactly what we do.

Let me just say that we do everything allowed by law to protect our intellectual property. We don't give out specific information because that would just be helping the pirates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

hehe can you give me permission to take them to court for ya and uhm sue them for a couple measly bucks to pay for my renewal fees.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X