Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it very hard to make a SPANISH VERSION?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it very hard to make a SPANISH VERSION?

I contacted vBulletin and told them that I need a spanish version, that is a MUST and ubb.x or ubb.threads (cannot recall exactly) already have it. They told me that it was easy to make a Spanish Pack with vBulletin version 3. Maybe someone knows the answer to these questions:

Does one must know a specific programming language to do the translation? (I am a Visual Fox Pro programmer, but for me php, MySQL and UNIX is like chinese)

How much time (aproximately) does it takes?

If I install a new version , does all the translation is lost or you translate some HELP file that is not lost when you install a new version?

Does anyone already did that translation? where may I search for such information?

Thanks in advance, an also thanks for all the helpful replies to my other post.
    Last edited by Palestras; Tue 9 Dec '03, 1:26pm. Reason: grammar and typographical errors

well its not that hard to make a traslation its just siting down and going thought the phrase manager and language system

Comment

Thanks, but I still do not know if changes are lost with upgrades...

My problem is: When doing the transation does one just translate some kind of file containing the words, a file that may be used in newer versions or does I lose the translation when I install a new version... Just imagine having to translate every upgrade! It would be overwhelming!

Thanks again
      Last edited by Palestras; Wed 10 Dec '03, 8:16am. Reason: typographical errors

Comment

Language is now in the Language Pack. Upgrading will not overwrite these.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

THANKS! That is what I needed to know! GREAT!

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          THANKS!!! THAT IS WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW!!!

Comment

Is giving me some troubles to make the spanish translations.

There are some spanish non-official vBulletin Support Forums that can help you, pliz PM me

See Ya

PD: My native language is spanish... but I speak chinese 真的
            | vBulletin Hispano |

Comment

How can I get and install the Language Pack?

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Can you give me a URL or some specific direction on hot to get and install this language pack?

Thanks

Comment

The ability to create Language Packs is a normal function in the vB3 Admin CP.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

good post

good post

Comment

Before you start translating: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128245 here you can download the spanish language pack.

Also, if you want to help finish it contact the team leader on vBulletin-language.com and we can set you up as a team member to help translate it to spanish.

Comment