Q about Owned License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about Owned License

I just purchased a owned licesned for vbb and in the mail it has an expiration date of 11/20/04, I was under the impression that the license was for an unlimited time?

Originally posted by CruelB
    I just purchased a owned licesned for vB and in the mail it has an expiration date of 11/20/04, I was under the impression that the license was for an unlimited time?
    you can use your licence forever only your acces to the members area will expire on that date.

If you require access to the member area after the year has elapsed, you can renew your access for $30 per year.
    Originally Posted by Zachery
    John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
    We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

Originally posted by _| () R | Z
      you can use your licence forever only your acces to the members area will expire on that date.
      Well, the access to the members area will not expire.

The members area has all kinds of options, and with your purchase you receive 12 months of free access to the download section within this members area.

After 12 months, you can optionally renew access to the download area for $ 30 (buying yourself another 12 months) - which you can do at any time, a day later, a month later, a year later.

The owned license will not expire - the access to the download area will.

Comment

thats good to know. thank you.

One more question. What if i need to change my domain at some point? Is it possible or do i have to buy another licesne for a different domain? And if my memebers section expires, does that mean i cant change the domain that the vbb is licesned to? Hope that didnt sound confusing. Im asking cause down the road i might buy a whole new domain/host for the forums so it will have its own bandwith.

Comment

You can change the domain, but you MUST remove the forum from the old doman to install it on the new domain as per the agreement.
          Glenn H. Shelton III

Comment

Your members area will NEVER ever expire when you own a owned license. What will just expire is just the download ability in the members area.

You just log into the members area and change your URL . That's it.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X