Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Files (again)

Greetings All,
    This is my first post on the site, but I have considered registering for a while now. I have read a lot of posts with respect to converting files from one board to another, but I get confused because we're talking php and cgi. I apologize for asking this again if it's been asked before.

I'm going to be changing my webboard to VB, but I need to know the straight answer if I can convert my Yabb v1.3.1 (cgi board) files so that VB can use them. Included member files and posts?

Thanks in advance!
    Steve

Our import script works for YaBB SE 1.5.4.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Our import script works for YaBB SE 1.5.4.
      Hi Steve,
      I'm using YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1, will this important my board files? I thought the SE version was the php version because the version of YaBB software them I'm using is the latest release at 1.3.1.

Thanks!

Comment

You need to be using the PHP version of YaBB SE for the import script to work.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58466

FWIW it's not listed in the Member's Area Import Scripts section...might want to update that.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

You can go YABB -> YABBSE -> VB though AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by HG-Owen
              You can go YABB -> YABBSE -> VB though AFAIK
              Can anyone confirm if it's possible to convert from Yabb Gold 1.3.1 to VB 2.3.4

I'd like to convert my member files (I have over 2500 members) and the posts.

Thanks!

Comment

The official import script works with YaBB SE up to version 1.5.4.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  The official import script works with YaBB SE up to version 1.5.4.
                  Thanks! As you can tell, I'm new to php and I'd like to see if I can import my files. Where do I copy the import script (php file) so that VB can access it? The instructions that come with the files don't say. Thanks!

Comment

In case I wasn't clear, the import script does not work with YabB Gold 1.3.1. And the istructions on the import script page say to create an 'importers' subdirectory under your forum directory and upload the script there.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X