Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which version of vBulletin do you like the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version of vBulletin do you like the most?

I am wanting to know because I am going to purchase vBulletin in the very near future. I'd like to have the ability to use a few hacks from vbulletin.org, and I'd like to have the color code feature that lets you look at the color you're going to use for the bulletin board.

What's your recommendation and why? Please respond. Thanks.

I dont think there is any question... v3! There are not many public hacks out for it, but you really dont need them. What you are looking for is easy to do without code hacks...
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
      I dont think there is any question... v3! There are not many public hacks out for it, but you really dont need them. What you are looking for is easy to do without code hacks...
      Does v3 have the color coding to where it will show you what color you put in when you add the hex code in the admin cp?

Comment

The Following Three : 2.2.8, 2.3.0 , 3.0 B7

Comment

vB3 has a colour swatch so it gives you a choice of colours, when you enter the hex code it should change the cell next to it though i'm going to go check this now
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            vB3 has a colour swatch so it gives you a choice of colours, when you enter the hex code it should change the cell next to it though i'm going to go check this now
            Really?? That'd be sweet! How many available colors are there to choose from?

Comment

More colors then you need... see attachments, I left out the other options after the white - black screen, thoes colors are red, green, blue, yellow, cyan and purple.

All the colors are webfriendly, but you can put in your custom hex number into any field.
              Attached Files
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

What are the pro's and con's for getting a v2 bulletin board comparted to a v3?

I'm a noob at hacking and using/editing scripts, in case you should know. Any helpful tips when picking?

Comment

When you purchase your license, you have access to both versions, v2.3, the official stable version, and v3 beta 7, the latest beta edition. I personaly would go with v3, no need to learn how to use vB twice. v3 will allow you to make many changes without touching the code.
                  Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                    When you purchase your license, you have access to both versions, v2.3, the official stable version, and v3 beta 7, the latest beta edition. I personaly would go with v3, no need to learn how to use vB twice. v3 will allow you to make many changes without touching the code.
                    Could you give me some ideas with the many changes you're talking about? Also, how hard will it be to upgrade to the stable v3 version when it comes out? I'm good at taking directions, but I know squat about editing scripts.

Comment

Check out my site, bikeforums.net, browse as a guest, then register and check out the forums. I have not touched any of the code, its all done via templates.

If you know basic HTML, you can make your forums VERY unique. If you dont, you can buy a premade style and go from there.
                      Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                        Check out my site, bikeforums.net, browse as a guest, then register and check out the forums. I have not touched any of the code, its all done via templates.

If you know basic HTML, you can make your forums VERY unique. If you dont, you can buy a premade style and go from there.
                        I can see the user features just by going to the User CP here... I guess I'm asking what features or improvements have been made with this new version? And what new options and controls are in the Admin CP?

If you could give me some kind of a list, complete or not, that would really be helpful.

Comment

Joe can you pm me how you got the border to match with each color ?

Comment

Check the annoucements forum, tooooo many features and changes to list. I am sure you can find screenshots as well. What I ment by going to my forum, is looking at my style, and how it is different from the one that is on the support forums. All done via templates.
                            Bike Forums.net

Comment

So Far I think the best version of vBulletin is 2.2.8
                              the first version I used so im kind of attached, to bad I don't have anymore copies I had one on my old PC but that changed when I went to linux.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X