No announcement yet.

Vbulletin charge too much!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I got vBulletin I thought it was over priced. But once I purchased a license I felt glad that I bought it.
    I run a popular forum; I have many rivals that are related to the same thing. But I run the only vBulletin forum that is related to a certain thing. This sets us apart from all of our rivals.
    The other reason why I am happy to pay is because it is a job for them, where as for the PHPBB group, they just do it in their spare time. So it is kinda obvious that more effort and work is going to go into something that is paying for itself.

Comment

Well I have a clan site that utilizes phpBB and I've definitely put tons of time getting it set up the way I want it... There are a couple other features I'm trying to add to bring my forums up to speed with vB and it's almost there... BUT with the amount of time I've put into it and still not having all the features most vB boards have, paying $160 is well worth the price.

Now with that in mind I'm starting a new website that will feature a vB forum because I cringe thinking about all the countless all-nighters I pulled tweaking phpBB.

The only bad thing about vB is the wait after paying... I paid yesterday for my vB board and I'm still sitting with my tool in hand... You guys need to speed things up...

Comment

Originally posted by BioVader

The only bad thing about vB is the wait after paying... I paid yesterday for my vB board and I'm still sitting with my tool in hand... You guys need to speed things up...
        It depends on the method you used to pay for your licence.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
          It depends on the method you used to pay for your licence.
          Credit Card... Shouldn't I get an e-mail from vB soon.. man I want to work on this while I have time...

Comment

Originally posted by BioVader
            Credit Card... Shouldn't I get an e-mail from vB soon.. man I want to work on this while I have time...
            Our purchase page clearly states that Credit Card orders take 24 hours to process. These are approved manually due to high levels of fraud and credit card theft we have experienced in the past.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

<---Impartial partyI am trying to set up a racing site, and I downloaded a free product (Ikonboard). The backup function does not work correctly or reliably as well as some other issues. I spent 8 hours so far trying to get the board to work correctly. It's a good piece of software, but has some significant issues. My time is not free, nor is it only $20/hr.

I have no idea whether vBulletin is a more trouble-free solution yet. I'm just looking at more options.

The main thing you need with software is reliable operation, good support, then good pricing. Because if you don't have the first two, the third one is misleading.
              2005 GMC Sierra Diesel Pickup "Casper" 10.59 @ 129
              World's fastest production diesel pickup 174.586mph Bonneville 2008.
              www.duramaxdiesels.com

Comment

I've never understood people who think vB charge too much. When I saw the price I went and reached for my credit card. When I got continual free upgrades and fixes for a year I went and when the tech support answer my questions before I've even asked them I find myself thinking "Who was that masked tech support guy?!"

Comment

Originally posted by McRat
                  <---Impartial partyI am trying to set up a racing site, and I downloaded a free product (Ikonboard). The backup function does not work correctly or reliably as well as some other issues. I spent 8 hours so far trying to get the board to work correctly. It's a good piece of software, but has some significant issues. My time is not free, nor is it only $20/hr.

I have no idea whether vBulletin is a more trouble-free solution yet. I'm just looking at more options.

The main thing you need with software is reliable operation, good support, then good pricing. Because if you don't have the first two, the third one is misleading.
                  Hey McRat

The software is definitely reliable. I've been on other vBulletin forums where there are a THOUSAND users on at the same time with 1,000,000+ threads, and another 5,000,000 posts.

If taht isn't reliable, then I don't know what.

Support is great! I just love it! I've never had a ticket go unanswered plus the response time has never been longer than 15 minutes after my first submission! Thereafter its been like only 5 minutes!! If that isn't support, I don't know what is!!!
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X