Vbulletin charge too much!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin charge too much!!

I am really interested in Vbulletin and i don't mind paying for it. However, i really feel that vbulleting is charging too much per license. If u can decrease the price to 1/3 of the original, u will get 5 more amount of customers. When there are great free boards like phpBB lying around with free hacks and add-ons, how can u charge people US$160 and another per annual fee to get a license from U? Some comments, i believe in lower price and more customers rather than a heaven-high price with less customer, esp for computer stuffs

Jelsoft does not charge too much, as where try to go and get a UBB licensen 399 for one year is abit extreme in my own head. however 160 for a fully owned license for life is a very good price considering how powerfull the software is and how good their tech support is

Comment

Thank you for your comments but we are not going to be lowering prices. We are actually quite competitive with the commercial systems that are available. If price is your major issue then I suggest using one of the free systems available. Good luck.

P.S. I have a degree is Business. I assure you that it'as simply not true that we will get 5 times as many customers by dropping the price by a third.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        P.S. I have a degree is Business. I assure you that it's simply not true that we will get 5 times as many customers by dropping the price by a third.
        Elasticity?
        The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
        Articles - Forum Review
        Interviews:
        KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
        Paul M

Comment

You need to look at the entire marketplace. Wishing it would be so doesn't make it so. The price conscious people are choosing the free alternatives anyway. Besides the costs to support 5 times as many customers would raise our costs even if revenue increased (which it wouldn't.)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Only comment I can make about the price of vBulletin is:

Setup a board (your choice, invision or PHPbb), then try to hack/change it from the original to make it have more of a "your own" feeling to it. Once you try that, trust me the price of a leased or Owned license is MORE than worth it! I used (tried to use) Invision Board before vB and let me tell you, aside from not being able to quickly and easily change the looks, the admin panel is really lacking a lot of things a stock vB has! You can't even get a list of all members in Invision board without changing files and stuff!!

vB was most definitly worth it! But thats only my 2 cents, try the free ones and you'll see.
            RPG Warfare
            Choose your Destiny

Comment

You also have to remember that every member of staff here is paid for the work compared to the other alternatives which have been stated.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

i used phpbb before

there were zillions of hacks and it is really a great board. i used a release candidate of vbulletin2.2.6 and i cannot see much advantage over the phpbb+hacks. Please enlighten

Comment

Talented coders don't come cheap and the vB team is full of them. The price is very reasonable in my opinion. My bet is you've recognised that vB is the superior script because you've taken the time to question the price when you could have just used a free alternative.

Comment

If you are happy with phpBB and it meets your needs, then by all means use it. We believe our software and support is superior to anything in the marketplace and is worth what we charge for it. But you do have alternatives. Make the decision that makes sense for you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm a bargain hunter, if there ever was one, and vBulletin is a BARGAIN.

You get what you pay for, and even with that - vBulletin is a BARGAIN.

I don't work for this company, nor do I know anyone who does...I'm just a happy customer who is tight-fisted with the purse strings (and one who recognizes value - especially when it's a bargain.)

Comment

After what I'ves een vBulletin 3 do I'm much persuaded that $160 USD is cheap.
                        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Even when people purchase through the vB affiliate program...isn't that hurting Jelsoft Steve?
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I also agree but $399 for ubb is UBB.threads which is their "better" version of UBB i've used classic before and it can be great but I really am a bigger fan of vB as there are more free hacks available at vbulletin.org than on ubbdev.com and the hacks for vB are much better as there are more people developing them as this is the most popular choice. Wonder how that is. It's because its the best vB is the cheapest and better than UBB.threads which is $399 which my friend uses. The only thing I dont like is that you can only have one instance of vB on your server well UBB is like that too.

Comment

For something that powers entire sites, $160 is dirt cheap, especially with $30 yearly renewals.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X