Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin

Hello.

I am a member of the community at www.sitepointforums.com and this is an AWESOME community. They have vBulletin but they have a ton of super cool features. I was wondering if the latest version of vbulletin comes with everything that the forum on that site has. I noticed that the forum over there also has an "Online/Offline" status for members, does this feature come included with vBulletin?

I plan to buy a copy in the next week, which version should I buy? Should I get the newest beta version?

Other things I noticed is that users have a lot of freedom. Like avatars, and special titles under their names, also there are boards which you can post on but a moderator has to approve the post before it's seen by the public. Is all this stuff standard. Can someone that knows about this forum, take a look at that community and tell me if anything they have there is not standard with the script.

What about the fact that boards, can have sub boards... is that standard?

THANKS!
    Last edited by SpikeAshlye; Mon 13 Oct '03, 4:54pm.

Yes, most of those are standard in vB3 Beta 7.

However, I believe you will recieve better responses if this was posted in Pre-Sales questions.

Comment

Everything you've mentioned is possible with a standard installation of vBulletin.

If you purchase a licence, you get access to both the current stable, and the current beta release of vB3.

Some of the features of sitepointforums probably have been added via hacking, most of which are not available publically (some people dont release hacks), but if you need to hack something into your forum, youll find lots of them at vbulletin.org.

Online/offline, standard. (www.vbulletin.com/forum/online.php for extended example)
      avatars, special titles, moderation, all standard
      subboards, correct, you can have children forums of children forums of children forums of children forums, etc...

Comment

Thats awesome. I cant wait to get a copy of my own in the next week.

But one more question. SitePoint has the online/offline status under the users avatar, not just on the who's online page.

under the avatar it looks something like

SpikeAshlye

[avatar]

Currently: Offline

OR

SpikeAshlye

[avatar]

Currently: Online

Can the standard release also display it like that? That's one of my favorite features.

Comment

That's just a quick template mod, really easy to do.
          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by XeternalmemoryX
            That's just a quick template mod, really easy to do.
            can you tell me more about what you mean? how can i get my forum to do that after i buy it?

Comment

It is a matter of changing the template from showing an image to showing text, just simple HTML. Then change another template to place the text were you want.

When a member on my forum is online, there username turns red, offline is black. It took about 3 minutes to change
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeAshlye
                can you tell me more about what you mean? how can i get my forum to do that after i buy it?
                We will help you with this once you have a license

Look at the posts here - they also have an online / offline indicator (to the left of the profile button).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X