Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    FYI, you can post in the Pre-Sales forum at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• mavherzog
    replied
    Wouldn't let me post either. However, I did see that there were some mods/hacks available that might possibily accomplish what I am looking for.

Mailing List <> Forum gatewaying would probably be the easiest solution. I am surprised that more BB packages don't have this functionality built in...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can register there, you just cannot download the contributions that are listed.

Leave a comment:

• mavherzog
    replied
    Unless I am mistaken, it looks like I cannot register at vbulletin.org unless I am a registered user of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, this is not a feature in vBulletin. As Andy pointed out this would require hacking and you can ask about the feasibility of something like this over at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Z
    replied
    This would require hacking the default vBulletin files. You can get help with this at vbulletin.org, the official hacking community of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• mavherzog
    replied
    Originally posted by mavherzog
    I'm looking at different web-based BB packages and had a question concerning networked forums. Does vBulletin allow you to network forums between vBulletin sites? For example, sharing a forum such that if a post/reply/etc is submited in a forum on one site, that message is automatically propagated to the corresponding forum on the other site. (kinda like old school BBS networked subs (FIDOnet, WWIVnet, etc)).

A simple "yes" or "no" would be fine. I'm willing to shell out the money for vBulletin as it seems apparant it is the best solution "out there" right now. But I need a good handle on what it can and can't do before I make the commitment...

Leave a comment:

• mavherzog
    started a topic Networked forums??

Networked forums??

I'm looking at different web-based BB packages and had a question concerning networked forums. Does vBulletin allow you to network forums between vBulletin sites? For example, sharing a forum such that if a post/reply/etc is submited in a forum on one site, that message is automatically propagated to the corresponding forum on the other site. (kinda like old school BBS networked subs (FIDOnet, WWIVnet, etc)).
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X