• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggus
    little question:
    can you do a change from domain/webserver after you have bought the owned version ?
    Yes you can:

www.vbulletin.com/members

Then go down to where your licence details is displayed and click on edit licence

Leave a comment:

• Fraggus
    replied
    little question:
    can you do a change from domain/webserver after you have bought the owned version ?

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by Throwing Shapes
    So, what's your point? You've never mis-interpreted anything in your life?
    You're great for knowing that, I feel so unworthy.
    I tell it as I see it. Yeah sure I've mis-interpreted tons of stuff, but I don't let it get to me.

Leave a comment:

• Throwing Shapes
    replied
    Originally posted by poolking
    I already knew about having to pay extra to have the copyright removed.

I still feel you mis-interpreted the third point in kevinj's post.
    So, what's your point? You've never mis-interpreted anything in your life?
    You're great for knowing that, I feel so unworthy.

Leave a comment:

• luroca
    replied
    I had one owned license for a forum. Later I used the same copy for another forum, without license. It was not really for not to pay but laziness, sorry. Vbulletin asked me to remove that not licensed forum or to register it and now I have two owned licenses.
    Vbulletin is a very good software and it´s worth what costs.

Leave a comment:

• catocom
    replied
    Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can still use it if you have a copy for it. There is no support for vBLite and you cannot distribute it.

Leave a comment:

• catocom
    replied
    Originally posted by RN_Evil
    Well there once was a vBulletin Lite version but it got discontinued. And vBulletin's worth the price. It's just... excellent
    I've got a copy of vb lite.
    I was thinking of using it on a sever to test before moving
    my main for there. (for bandwidth check mainly)
    Can I still use it, of do I need to discard it?

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Ahh and there you have it, poolking!
    I already knew about having to pay extra to have the copyright removed.

I still feel you mis-interpreted the third point in kevinj's post.

Leave a comment:

• Throwing Shapes
    replied
    Ahh and there you have it, poolking!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The copyright must remain in the footer with both the Leased and Owned versions of the software. If you wish to remove the copyright you can add a branding free option to your license for the additional cost of $120.00 (prices subject to change).

Leave a comment:

• Throwing Shapes
    replied
    Originally posted by poolking
    He didn't say that he wanted to remove the copyright footer, just that he doesn't have a problem with the copyright footer.
    No, he didn't say that. It just looked like he was saying if he wanted to remove it and his community grows he would just buy the Owned License, and that is where I believe he is wrong about the copyright.

Maybe I read too far between the lines...

I hope one of the admins comes in to set the copyright issue straight. I'd like to know now for my own reference.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel P
    replied
    Well there once was a vBulletin Lite version but it got discontinued. And vBulletin's worth the price. It's just... excellent

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Maybe I'm wrong but the owned license doesn't give you the right to take off the VBulletin Copyright footer, I have a owned license and I am pretty sure I was told it has to stay. I imagine they have some "other" fee if you want to completely remove it but I was always led to believe it has to be at the bottom.

Am I wrong?
    He didn't say that he wanted to remove the copyright footer, just that he doesn't have a problem with the copyright footer.

Leave a comment:

• Throwing Shapes
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinj
    3)I can easily update, if for any reason i feel i need to update but for me, i have no Quarrels having a copyright footer. If my community grows within the year, i'd purchase the full License.
    Maybe I'm wrong but the owned license doesn't give you the right to take off the VBulletin Copyright footer, I have a owned license and I am pretty sure I was told it has to stay. I imagine they have some "other" fee if you want to completely remove it but I was always led to believe it has to be at the bottom.

Am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X