license question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license question

Not really a pre-sales question, but this seems like the most relevent forum, since this this isn't really a "problem". Feel free to move it to the right place if this isn't it.

Like many do, have a private moderator forum. There's enough sensitive stuff discussed there that I'm starting to get nervous about all this being "right beside" the regular forum. One person guesses one of the dozen mods passwords, and bam - an absolute disaster.

Question: can I create a second VB forum installation using my one license just for this moderator forum? This second forum I'd have in a password protected area that's not advertised anywhere. Or would that violate my licensing terms?

Thanks!

jeff

vBulletin3 RC4
    CPU: single AMD Duron 1ghz, 1gig ram, 40gig HD
    PHP version: 4.2.2
    MySQL version: 3.23.58
    Average users: 150-200

Erm not so sure on this myself but i asked a siimilar question b4 and the answers no u can only have more than one of the boards on ur server if it is used as a test board and that no one else can access it etc etc. Thats what i got told any ways so maybe someone who knows for certain could confirm it

Comment

id hafta say no...

This is an IFFY thing, best bet would be to migrate to vb3 and use their password protection plus hiding it from regular users to boot......

Comment

1 vbulletin license copy per domain and mysql database.

My advice would be installing on 1 copy and setup premission status for your forum. You can set premission in the forum admin panel where by each user groups able to view , posts , delete or others function avaliable.

You could just access the admin panel and set to certain forum categories to view by moderators or/and administrators only.
        Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X