Can I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I do this?

Hi. At the moment I'm running IPB 1.2 Final now it seems that you do have an import script for this but will it import everything (forums, members, posts etc)?

I also have my forums installed to a folder called "forums" and would like to be able to continue to use this folder. Would it be possible to install vB to this folder then delete the IPB files after I've imported everything?

I also also have one database as well.

If I can do all of the above then you will be getting a new customer.

btw is there a vB 3 admin demo?

You can still use that folder if you'd like. The db import script will take over memebrs, posts, forums, descriptions.

The best way to do this is to shutdown your board, backup your database, run the script and then remove all IPB files, upload vB's and make sure the converted DB is there. Then go all through the permissions to make sure everything is setup right.

There's no vB3 ACP demo yet.

Comment

But if I remove the IPB files first then install vB how would you import the database?

Comment

You will have to edit the config.php to connect to your IP database and run the vBulletin from there it will import everything to vBulletin db structure.
        Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X