Founding User Privilages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Founding User Privilages

Let's say you start a VBulletin Board (so you are an administrator) and you decide on giving another user admin privilages. Can that new user delete you or are you not removable?

There is a file called getadmin.php which you upload if need be. This will restore your admin status etc.

Comment

In vB3, you can now set certain administrative accounts so that they cannot be deleted or de-admined. vB3 also supports admin permissions, so that certain admins can only acces a portion of the Admin CP.
      - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

There is hacks avaliable at vB2 where by you can set yourself as the administrator of the forum. Others admin can't edit , delete to your information.

My best advice will be to carefully select your administrators. That will be the best choice.
        Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

Originally posted by lapras
          Let's say you start a VBulletin Board (so you are an administrator) and you decide on giving another user admin privilages. Can that new user delete you or are you not removable?
          At default, every admin is equal, and as such can edit or delete anything, including other Admins. Its all about whoever fires first.

If you have the proper scripting, you can make it so "lower" admins cannot touch you, as I did with a custom script Me and my friend made.
          Originally posted by Andy Z
          In vB3, you can now set certain administrative accounts so that they cannot be deleted or de-admined. vB3 also supports admin permissions, so that certain admins can only acces a portion of the Admin CP.
          Nice. That will most likely make my vb2 custom script obsolete.
          Proud to have designed, developed, and implemented my own Anti Troll software into my vbulletin installation with the help of my great friend Bialar Crais. We specialize in the confusion and banishment of all that which tries to stop our community from thriving. Thanks to the trolls for driving our community closer together in the fight against a common enemy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X