X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iD. Joel
    replied
    Originally posted by KILLMAN
    Damn that sucks, time to go to IPB its free =D and just as good.
    I was an avid Invision Board user myself, infact I was modding for them since the early ikonboard 2.1.7 alpha days. It used to be great, IPB used to have a great product, now they have a great product with no support. You really do get what you pay for, IPS is not maintained in the "user's interests" it is managed in Charles' pocket's interest.

If you want a quality product with Quality support then stick with vB. If you want a quality product, with no support and when something goes wrong it costs you more time then the initial $80 then go with IPB, but u can assure you, you will regret it.

Another thing is the IPB modding & skinning is nearly dead, they have a handfull of users who actually produce stuff, look at vBulletin.Org, the $80 is nearly worth just having access to that site without the product there is that much information there.

my $0.02c,

Just don't let me be in a position to say "told you so" 6 months from now.

- Joel

Leave a comment:

• JamesT
    replied
    If you cant afford it at the moment, build up your community and put a donation link up to support your site to get vBulletin. It is well worth $160 for a Owned License. It makes my projects complete. The support is fantastic. It does exactly what it says on the tin, "INSTANT COMMUNITY". Just my 0.02$.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedStreet
    replied
    Well so far i got no members for my site, dont know if its gonna be good but I do wanna power it with good forums so until I know weather or not the sites gonna rock, im gonna use IPB.
    If you have a decent, original idea to go after, your best bet is to build a solid foundation now, and wait for the members to come to you. If you are just building Yet Another Rap Battle Board, you might want to stave off for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• KILLMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemesis2000
    Amen to this. I got my members to pay for my license.
    Well so far i got no members for my site, dont know if its gonna be good but I do wanna power it with good forums so until I know weather or not the sites gonna rock, im gonna use IPB.

Leave a comment:

• Nemesis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by JonUrban
    I agree. It is worth it. If you can't afford it, get your "members" to chip in. They will appreciate it. I had lots of computer experience, but absolutly no web experience, and the entire sales and support team here helped me to get my board up and running and looking professional.

They can't help me type or spell, but they sure know their stuff, and this communtiy is a huge plus as well.

My advice: SPEND THE BUCKS

They can't be here to help if they have no resources!!!

:-jon
    Amen to this. I got my members to pay for my license.

Leave a comment:

• JonUrban
    replied
    Originally posted by Faranth
    ibp is ok, but not where near as good as vBulletin, my best suggestion would be to make room for it in your budget
    I agree. It is worth it. If you can't afford it, get your "members" to chip in. They will appreciate it. I had lots of computer experience, but absolutly no web experience, and the entire sales and support team here helped me to get my board up and running and looking professional.

They can't help me type or spell, but they sure know their stuff, and this communtiy is a huge plus as well.

My advice: SPEND THE BUCKS

They can't be here to help if they have no resources!!!

:-jon

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    ibp is ok, but not where near as good as vBulletin, my best suggestion would be to make room for it in your budget

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Have you run a forum before?

Leave a comment:

• KILLMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by poolking
    No its not free, there used to be a free version a couple of years ago but that was discontinued.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no free version of vB. If you want to use it you'll need to purchase a license:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order.php

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Hi guys, Im making a website and im on a low buidget and I notice how popular vB is. And im saying to myself I want vB so I come here to get and it and all I see is purchise options. Is vB not free at all? Please help me!!!!!!!!
    No its not free, there used to be a free version a couple of years ago but that was discontinued.

Leave a comment:

• KILLMAN
    started a topic Is vB free? Do I have to pay to use it?

Is vB free? Do I have to pay to use it?

Hi guys, Im making a website and im on a low buidget and I notice how popular vB is. And im saying to myself I want vB so I come here to get and it and all I see is purchise options. Is vB not free at all? Please help me!!!!!!!!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X