licensing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licensing question

Okay - this may sound a pretty strange question, but it could save us some money futurewise

I just purchased a second license for vbulletin (more to come...), and noticed that my first license has also been renewed to august 31st 2004.

So my question is - if you purchase a new license (I'm obviously talking owned licenses...), are ALL other licenses always renewed as well?

Because in that case, if you have 5+ licenses, wouldn't it be cheaper to purchase a new license rather than renewing those 5 licenses?

5 renewals x $30 would equal $150
    1 new license (the sixth) would equal $136

This may be an error in your renewal/licensing logic, but if it is really supposed to work like this, I will surely purchase many new licenses from you Thank you.

That's not the way it should work. - Recently all licenses' expiration dates were extended 3 months... I'm not sure if you were aware of that, but is it possible you didn't realize that it was extended prior to renewing?

Comment

I can guarantee you that the license has been renewed because of the new one I just added...
      This was also in te email I received from you:

------- New Licenses --------------------------------------

Your customer account has been credited with 1 new licenses:

~ vBulletin Owned License #L4760ac3

All licenses will be active until 08-29-2004

------- CUSTOMER DETAILS ----------------------------------

So, YES, the first license has been renewed because I added the second one - you might want to check your scripts if this is not how it is supposed to work

Comment

Also, I was indeed aware of the free 3 months renewal, but I got my license AFTER that was done, and was not entitled to the free months...

Comment

I just talked to james and I checked your license details.

the 3 month extension applied to your first license license has made the two expiry dates the same. Also the email is a bit vague, it should say all licenses above.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

lol - I got the three month extension as well? cool...

Anyway - thanks for the update, and it might be interesting to change the wording in the email indeed

But first make sure we get vb3 :d:d

Comment

Wonder why I didn't get the email about the license extensions...could you explain why licenses were extended??
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Licenses were extended by three months due to the delay in releasing vB3.

Comment

8 minute response...that's what I call service/sales/support
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

wait so they don't need beta testers to test vb anymore? My license is expired and I thought 3.0 was finalized but I still see it is running as beta.. ???

Comment

we're running public betas at the moment.

These are freely available to all customers with active licenses.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X