Vbulletin Battle Site Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin Battle Site Help?

Ayo sup, idk really know why this is better it is way to expensive for me plus with having to get a host, but me and some people want to get one anyway...Is their a way we can each pay 30 dollars for the 160 dollars...I have 5 ppl 4 wld pay 30 dollars and one wld pay 40 can we all send it seperately???

It would be much easyer if one of you collected the money and purchased the license.
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

You can purchase a license here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order.php

We do not offer discounts or time payments. Sorry.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        You can purchase a license here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order.php

We do not offer discounts or time payments. Sorry.
        Yea I know but no one wants to send it to one person and plus two of the people are from the uk how much is $30 in Uk..But we can send it seperateley Right??

Comment

No. However they can send it into one person who can in turn purchase the license. Please note that the license can only be issued to one person.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by LilPimpnRapper
            Yea I know but no one wants to send it to one person and plus two of the people are from the uk how much is $30 in Uk..But we can send it seperateley Right??

check out a currency converter such as
            HTML Code:
            http://www.xe.com/ucc/
            Computer Networking Forums
            www.unlocked-networks.com

Comment

No one wants to send it to one person because how do we know we could trust them..Ya know so there aint no way we can all send da money and you give the license to one of us..If only one person has the license i can still make them admin and they can still work on the site right? wut more features does the person wit the license have?

Comment

The person with the license, can access the Member's Area to download vBulletin and resources (such as importers, etc.). You can make other people admins, yes and with vB3, admins can be restricted in what they can do.
                It would probably be best if the person who has the hosting account where you are going to install vB, be the one to get the license, as they can download and install vB.
                --
                BTW, If you guys can't trust each other with send the money for a license to one person, how can you trust each other to administrate a website together?
                - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z
                  The person with the license, can access the Member's Area to download vBulletin and resources (such as importers, etc.). You can make other people admins, yes and with vB3, admins can be restricted in what they can do.
                  It would probably be best if the person who has the hosting account where you are going to install vB, be the one to get the license, as they can download and install vB.
                  --
                  BTW, If you guys can't trust each other with send the money for a license to one person, how can you trust each other to administrate a website together?
                  ok i will talk it ova wit them to see if its ok for them to send me the money...if a new version of vbulletin comes out i can upgrade it for free right is that hard to do. And are hacks hard to put in like store and arcade and others..is hosting hard to do i dont want to pay for the host and then not know how to put in my forums..and is this a good host the 13.99 one in shared hosting...What does shared hosting mean

http://www.pdwebs.com/

Lol thanx for all the help...

Comment

I'll let others comment on the host, as I have a problem understanding how a company can survive offering what they do for such prices.
                    Shared hosting means your are on a server with others that the company hosts. A dedicated server you have all to yourself.
                    --
                    Upgrades are easy, but you will have to re-install all hacks for each upgrade.
                    --
                    Upgrades are free for the first year.
                    With an owned license you then have the OPTION of paying $30 to renew your download access for 1 year.
                    --
                    Most hacks are fairly easy to install, though some basic PHP knowledge will make it even easier. If you don't know PHP you shouldn't have a problem if the author including instructions that are detailed enough.
                    - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z
                      I'll let others comment on the host, as I have a problem understanding how a company can survive offering what they do for such prices.
                      Shared hosting means your are on a server with others that the company hosts. A dedicated server you have all to yourself.
                      --
                      Upgrades are easy, but you will have to re-install all hacks for each upgrade.
                      --
                      Upgrades are free for the first year.
                      With an owned license you then have the OPTION of paying $30 to renew your download access for 1 year.
                      --
                      Most hacks are fairly easy to install, though some basic PHP knowledge will make it even easier. If you don't know PHP you shouldn't have a problem if the author including instructions that are detailed enough.

Thanx...I still dont really understand shared hosting I would be able to choose my own domain what is the difference...And when do ya think da next vbulletin is comin out like vbulletin 3.3 cus if its close i can jus wait for that 2 come instead of buying 3.22 now

Comment

Shared hosting means that your site is on the same computer (server) as a bunch of other people's sites that have hosting with that company. You share system resources with these other people. You have to get your own domain regardless.

Currently the stable version of vBulletin is vBulletin 2.3.2.
                        The beta release is vBulletin 3 (in Beta 5). It has one more beta release before the Release Candidate stage of testing.
                        There is no definite timeframe for a release of a stable (aka gold) version of vBulletin 3.0.0.
                        - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

aight
                          listah straight aight.

iz like, j00 go buy juz a license aight, and iz like -= you get ::AccesS:: to the members area and you can like download uz a copy of dah d0pest foruz software out there. j00 friends can be admin on ur forum, but j00 listen; theyz cant just download one copy eithah, because is like, one license per web site. (instance)

If theyz dont truSt j00r ass, whyz you truSt thez ?

u r like talk like u pwn the plaze, but aight - iz like 'stoopid'.

Thiz just a side note k.

Comment

If you ask me .... organise your hosting first then buy the licence....

no point in having a licence and nowhere to put the software

Comment

Originally posted by trafix
                              If you ask me .... organise your hosting first then buy the licence....

no point in having a licence and nowhere to put the software
                              I have a host ^^ the one up there i will probably get unless someone knows better for around that price...The ppl who i might get da site wit r poor bastards and now sayin they aint want to pay that much...so wit da leased license wut the difference wit that i can do da same stuff right...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X