No announcement yet.

Does vBulletin support paid membership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vBulletin support paid membership?

I'm considering having a message board with a membership fee. Does vBulletin have anything in place that might support that directly?

If not, I suppose that I could make "registered members" only able to read posts, but not to create new threads or reply. Then I could have a new category of "paid members" who could create new threads and reply. But this would require manual effort to switch people into "paid" when they paid, and back to "registered" when their payment expired.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanks,
    William

Originally posted by Williamos
    I'm considering having a message board with a membership fee. Does vBulletin have anything in place that might support that directly?

If not, I suppose that I could make "registered members" only able to read posts, but not to create new threads or reply. Then I could have a new category of "paid members" who could create new threads and reply. But this would require manual effort to switch people into "paid" when they paid, and back to "registered" when their payment expired.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanks,
    William
    There is a subscription system in vb3, ask one of the devs about it.

Comment

Or read through the posts. But - don't confuse 'subscriptions' to threads and forums (like send me an e-mail when someone posts somethng new) with 'paid subscriptions' which are keyed to access groups.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X