Import UBB 6.5 to vB yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import UBB 6.5 to vB yet?

Is it possible yet, and what gets imported? From what I saw, amazingly enough, vB's poll system is inferior to UBB's, so I presume polls don't get imported?
    Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

The importer has been tested through UBB 6.3.0 and testing on 6.5.0 is slated to happen soon. Haven't heard of anyone having problems importing though. Has the format of the data files changed since 6.3.0?

As for what is imported, it imports members, threads, PMs, styles, forums. Not sure if it imports polls would have to check. But I really can't think of anything that would prevent that.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Will vB 3 have an importer for 6.5 when it gets released?
      Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

@ Gladius, Im guessing they will evewntually make it,but it might take a while. I suggest that you upgrade to vb2 then upgrade to vb3. That will make the process for you a little quicker

Comment

I have updated the importer and tested it with 2 different 6.5.0 Ubb boards so far.

There will be a different importer system for vB3.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

You're talking about a vB 2 importer for UBB.classic 6.5? Can you say what gets imported?

Comment

UBB 6.5 to vB2 is currently complete but I beleive its not yet available in the members area.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

It is now in the memebers area, I need to work on polls next.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Considering this is the pre-sales forum I can't check the member's area.

Can you list what it imports? It doesn't do polls?

Comment

Originally posted by Gladius
                    Considering this is the pre-sales forum I can't check the member's area.

Can you list what it imports? It doesn't do polls?
                    True enough I am working on a public page with all the information for all the importers.

Yes it doesn't import polls currently, though I am working on that at the moment, it imports everything else though.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok, I'll be watching for that list. Polls are of paramount importance to us, wouldn't switch from UBB if that didn't get imported.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X