Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import IkonBoard 3.1.2a -> vB

Hi,

I've searched these forums for information about importing ikonboard 3.1.2a to vB, but want to hear it from someone official... Will my users, forums, posts, and attachments (uploaded images) transfer OK? I have the db in mySQL, and the images are in the iB_html/uploads folder.

If it's guaranteed that everything will transfer, I'll definitely buy an owned license. If it won't import, though, it's not worth it to me to switch...

While I'm here, where can I find better skins for vB? The default ikonboard 3.1.2a skin is great, and I'd like something that mimics it.

Thanks a lot!

Stephen

TO answer your question, We support the importing of posts, threads, forums and users from both the Ikonboard 2 and 3 series. Not knowing what changes you have made to your existing database, we cannot guarantee an import but we provide a tested script to do imports with.

For skins, you can check at vbulletin.org or vbulletintemplates.com. If you don't find something there you like, feel free to search google for vBulletin Styles. There are several third parties who provide styles for the system.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I haven't made any changes to the database, so there should be no problem there.

Thanks a lot, Wayne!

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      TO answer your question, We support the importing of posts, threads, forums and users from both the Ikonboard 2 and 3 series. Not knowing what changes you have made to your existing database, we cannot guarantee an import but we provide a tested script to do imports with.

For skins, you can check at vbulletin.org or vbulletintemplates.com. If you don't find something there you like, feel free to search google for vBulletin Styles. There are several third parties who provide styles for the system.

Comment

I am planning to switch form Ikonboard to vBulletin.

I get it right, that Member Groups and the Permissions of them are not importet?

hj

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X