Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when will vBulletin 3.0 be available for purchase? UBB.threads is killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when will vBulletin 3.0 be available for purchase? UBB.threads is killing me!

Anyone know the release date? I'm being KILLED by UBB.threads. They got me for $99 to convert from UBB.classic to UBB.threads . There are no refunds even though their UBB.threads is absolutely horrible.

To change the style sheets you must do it from a text editor on a form, no way to pick a color visually. The only people selling Themes (skins) are charging $200-$400 each. EACH!!!!

And, to make matters worse, the board requires some 15+ unofficial hacks to tewak it out to put in many common sense things.

What a mistake UBB.threads was! Stay away... stay far away! But, at the same time, vBulletin 3... WHEN????
    Last edited by prefix; Tue 29 Jul '03, 9:00am.

There is no release date set for version 3. But hopes are before Christmas.

The current version which valid vbulletin license holders can download from the members area is: vBulletin version 3.0.0 beta 4 - Beta 5 is in the making and will probably be released within a few weeks (I hope)

The most 'stable' version is 2.3.0.
    It will be easy to upgrade from 2.3.0 to 3.0.0 final/beta (unhacked boards).

If you make a purchase of a license now, you will have 12 months before the access to the download area (which is in the members area to which you will always have access to) expires. If vBulletin 3 gets released within those 12 months, you can download this new version for free. (or for that matter, any version they release, can be downloaded).

So, in a way, you can already get version 3 - it is just the beta.
    You could also upgrade your current forum from ubb to vbulletin and when version 3 of vbulletin gets released , upgrade to version 3.

Comment

i now own vbulletin and installed without a hitch! sweet!

man i wasted 20 hours with ubb.threads. They did in the end refund my $99 for the license fee. I should have done vbulletin first. What a HUGE hassle!

$160 is a pleasure. And only $30 per year to stay current forever? A fine bargain.

Thanks to all...

Now on to configure my vb...

Comment

The $160 = owned license, you can use the vbulletin on your site forever.

The first 12 months are free, then you can optionally renew access to the download area for $ 30 per 12 months. You can do that at any time. i.e. in 2 years time, when version 4 gets release or something (lol)

Comment

I purchased vB almost a year ago, with the understanding that version 3 would be out "soon".... how stable is the beta, with the understanding that I may not be able to upgrade it for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by The Guardian
            I purchased vB almost a year ago, with the understanding that version 3 would be out "soon".... how stable is the beta, with the understanding that I may not be able to upgrade it for awhile?
            I'm Running it since Beta 3 and it hasn't caused me any major problems and with the comming release of Beta 5 I would guess that it will be pretty damn close to a Release Candidate
            It's up to you if you want to take the risk of running a Beta version but I would reckon you would be safe enough with Beta 5

Cheers

Comment

if i upgrade now to the beta 5, can i keep the styles that we have now? or if not now, can i in the future with the final releasE?

Comment

I was actually holding off until vB3 was close to release, and that's kept me from buying vB for about six months now. I finally caved in, and I actually bought my $160 license mere minutes ago. I figure I'll establish my board now, and when the time comes, I'll upgrade it.

No offense to the vB3 makers or anything. I'm sure it's difficult and unpredictable working out all the bugs and whatnot.
                http://www.headforum.com/images/headvbcom.gif

Comment

Originally posted by donBLACK
                  if i upgrade now to the beta 5, can i keep the styles that we have now? or if not now, can i in the future with the final releasE?
                  vB2 styles will not work in vB3.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X