Please Help...how Much Do I Need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help...how Much Do I Need?

I'm trying to choose a host for a site. The site will have approx. 10 pages including the mainpage, and then it will have a vbulletin forum that i plan to buy as soon as i figure out what requirements i need to tell the hosting company that i go with.

how many total gb and things of that nature will i need to tell the hosting company i want?

Originally posted by thejanitor
    I'm trying to choose a host for a site. The site will have approx. 10 pages including the mainpage, and then it will have a vbulletin forum that i plan to buy as soon as i figure out what requirements i need to tell the hosting company that i go with.

how many total gb and things of that nature will i need to tell the hosting company i want?
    Hello,

Nobody can give you an actual figure, it all depends on how many visitors you get (and how many of them are online at one time), if attachments are allowed etc. The list goes on.

I would recommend you start low (approx 5GB) and find a host that will upgrade you account in minutes, that way you can easily upgrade when you get bigger.

Hope this helps.

Comment

worth remembering about including mySQL in the hostin plan.

I needed to upgrade my hosting to include this.

I also run one of my forums of just 20MB: there is a couple of simple pages and then the forum which has loads of attachments and postings (but only up to 40 members online at a time)

hope this helps

Comment

Well if this helps. I have a board with almost 200 members. About 30 active and most times 7 on (least when I am)

I also have portal and few add ons and I do not even hit a gig a month yet.

Comment

Originally posted by insanctus
          Well if this helps. I have a board with almost 200 members. About 30 active and most times 7 on (least when I am)

I also have portal and few add ons and I do not even hit a gig a month yet.
          How much do you ALL pay for your monthly host?

Comment

Well I have
            6 gb of space
            and 45 gb of BW

But my hosting is paid for Yearly.

and it's really just 25 bucks a month
            from hostradius

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X