Buy before uploaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy before uploaded

Can I just check that I can purchase a forum before I have arranged hosting and/or uploaded my pages.

As far as I know I submit my desired url to the installer (no way I can do it alone yet!) eg, www. mywebsite.com /forum.html Then they place it in the desired file through an ftp program. So does this mean then that I should have the pages live and ready for viewing before I purchase?!

Very confused,
    Jenna x

You can purchase a vBulletin license, prior to having a hosting package at a hosting company / or a working web site. You just can't use it yet, since you have no place to upload it to.

You can also setup your hosting account to hold a index.html file or whatever you want in whatever dir you want (i.e. yoursite.com/forum/index.html) with a message ; soon! you can register at our great community - please be patient.

And purchase a vBulletin license at a later stage.

vBulletin files are uploaded through an ftp program by uploading them to a specified directory (any directory you want) /public_html/ or /public_html/forum/ or /public_html/monkey/)

Once uploaded, you only have to run the install.php file after you set the details to the config.php so vBulletin knows which database to query for installation and future use of the forum.

Comment

Thanks xiphoid

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X