Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logins

Hey there,

I've posted here before, and now that our management staff has bought the idea of having a vBulletin in our site, I'm back.

We run a website called TI Master, and since it's a community for IT professionals in Brazil, I have some questions:

1. we do not want anyone who's not currently a user of TI Master to be able to enter the forum. Is that possible? The person must be logged on our website to be able to post in the vBulletin forum. To make this clear: he has to use the login he currently has in our website to enter the forum, and he can create that login in our website.

2. since the language here is portuguese, is there any way to translate vBulletin from english to portuguese? (the messages, the buttons, everything) We can do the hard work.

Thanks for the answers in advance. I'll have more later, for sure.

1. Integrating vB with another member database would reuire code modifications. You should be able to get help with this at vbulletin.org.

2. You can use the Language Pack system in vB3 to do this translation. However you should probably wait until this is out of beta stage and avaialble as a release candidate.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      1. Integrating vB with another member database would reuire code modifications. You should be able to get help with this at vbulletin.org.

2. You can use the Language Pack system in vB3 to do this translation. However you should probably wait until this is out of beta stage and avaialble as a release candidate.
      hey Steve, thanks for the reply!

1. we have programmers here that can modify the code. So it's possible, right?

2. When will the Language Pack system be available?

Comment

1. Yep, it's possible.

2. The Language Pack system is available now in vB3 beta 4. However we are encouraging people to wait until the release candidate befotre doing any serious work with it. There will be at least one more beta release before the RC release.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

1. Yep, it's possible.

2. The Language Pack system is available now in vB3 beta 4. However we are encouraging people to wait until the release candidate befotre doing any serious work with it. There will be at least one more beta release before the RC release.
          2. I see! Any idea of when vB3 will be available?

Comment

Not really. It depends on the number and nature of the remaining bugs that are found.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Not really. It depends on the number and nature of the remaining bugs that are found.

That sucks. Will it be soon though?

Comment

I'm reading this thread with interest!

I own and run a vbulletin forum now but I have some questions regarding a new board that I'd like to run.

(to clarify the thread above)
                1. Is it possible to let people view the forums as much as they wish, but submit both a password for the website (changes everyday and is accessable through myself only) and their own login if they wish to post messages? If so do people know how to do this?

2. Was I right in saying that you used to be able to buy a license to run as many boards as you wished in a year period?

3. Very simply, what's the easiest way of embedding your forum inside the standard pages on your site. ie, the title and navigation bars remain constant on all your pages with the board inserted in the middle?

Thanks

Comment

fantasyten, to get vB support on these forums you first need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Thanks.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok sorry if I asked for too much info here! I knew about the vB priority service. I really just needed to no Yes/No for question 1.

Is it possible?

If so I can work out how to do it later.
                    Thanks

Comment

So is it possible to password protect the login with:
                      a)a 'website' password that is changed everyday AND
                      b)users' 'personal login passwords

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ie, people could view the forums but would have to login with two passwords in two steps in order to post

Comment

Yes this is possible is you have the knowledge and desire to modify the code.

In vB3 you can assign passwords to specific forums. This is in addition to the user passwords.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sounds perfect!

Does vB3 allow you to change these passwords easily?

Comment

Yes,
                            through the same way it is set, you can just enter something new.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X