No announcement yet.

YaBBSE to VB3 Importer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I done about 15 imports yesterday and they imported my test users fine.

My code adjustment allowed my users to login fine and it updated their password.

All I can say is damn they use a wierd hashing method

they take the password plus the lowercase username and hash that together and then return the md5 of that.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

If I may just quickly ask, what's actually involved in the conversion process?

I sort of assuming that the converter will convert the forum DB offline, so that vBulletin can be installed, then the converted DB uploaded in lieu of whatever vB has been assigned?

I'd simply like to have a better idea, so that I can prepare myself better - know what tasks to plan for - before buying then converting.

Comment

You install vB2 first. There isn't any conflicting table names but you could use a different database if required.

You download the importers.zip from the members area and upload the contents of that to the importers folder in your main vB directory.

You now go into the admin panel and select import from the navigation menu. From there you pick what you wish to import from. Enter your database details for the YaBB install and the rest is self explanitory.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I'm running yabbse from the folder domain.com/forum/ and would like to run vBulletin from the same URL. Would that cause a problem in the conversion process? Or would it simply be a case of deleting the yabbse index.php file? Sorry, I'm not a programmer, which is why I thought it best to ask what I may need to prepare. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

renaming the folder to forums2, and uploading vB to a folder called forums would be the best idea.

In that case if something goes wrong you can delete the folder rename forums2 back to forums and you have a working forums until we resolve the issue.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Good advice - thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                It is for YaBBSE 1.54 and it converts users, forums, threads and posts like every other import.
                Does it also convert attachments and PMs?

Comment

The first import version didn't automatically - but I'll soon see whether the new script does on my other forum in two days time.

Comment

I have a yabbse forum that I need to get moved over too but when i go to the members area and click on the 'import scripts' option I get a 404 ?

what am I doing wrong ?

Comment

Is there a good converter that converts the attachments? If so I will purchase vBulletin. If not I will have to wait till there is one or buy a forum package that will do this little trick...

Thanks,
                      Roger

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X