How many licenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many licenses?

This probably seems like a stupid question, but I am not sure how many licenses to purchase. If I choose vBulletin, I will be installing it on one server, but how many forums do I get? Can I create an unlimited number of forums or is each forum considered a license? IN the admin forum, I see "Test Forum", can I create a "test forum 2" for the original $160 I paid for the original license? Do I get an unlimited number of users?

I am not sure why someone would need to purchase many licenses. If I have only 1 server, why would you purchase more than license?

It depends on how you define 'forum'. This 'forum' contains a number of 'forums' within it - vBulletin 2 Pre-Sales, Chit Chat, Server Configuration, etc. Yet this and other forums like it are done under one license. As log as you are running one instance of vB (one set of files on one server with one set of database tables) then you only need one license.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Cool, you answered my question perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

I want to create a second account with my webhost so I can setup and archive forum on a different payment plan than my main forum site. I'll move threads that are more than a year old to it so it frees up more space on my main forum site. The archive forum will then be used for searching and reading old threads. As I anticipate the bandwidth requirements for such a forum will be far less it needs to be separate from the main forum that is mainly used for posting. My question is: Do I need a second license? If the archive forum is on the same shared server do I need a second license or do I only need a second license if the archive forum is on a separate server?

Comment

Yes, you'll need a second license for this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X