Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I really don't know since I've never heard of anyone completely removing the sessionhash before.

Leave a comment:

• Visibility
    replied
    Thanks for the additional info, Steve. Would a guest without cookies (and without the session ID) be able to view public posts without a problem?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You could do this by hacking the code. This wwill mean that users without cookies enabled will be unable to use your forums effectively.

Leave a comment:

• Visibility
    replied
    Is it possible to disable the sessionhash completely, and require users to have cookies? And what are the implications of doing this if a user doesn't have cookies? For instance, search engine bots get messed up by session IDs, but also don't accept cookies. Of course, they don't usually post messages, either.

Thanks for the quick reply, Steve!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The sessionhash is only needed if you browse the board without cookies. The difference with vB3 is that it automatically detects this whereas in vB2 each user sets this in their User CP.

Leave a comment:

• Visibility
    started a topic Session Variables in Query String

Session Variables in Query String

Pre-purchase questions: It appears that Version 2 forums all use lengthy session IDs in the query string (at least all the ones I have visited), while the Version 3 Beta here does not.

Is this a difference between the two versions, or can the session IDs be turned off in V2?

Also, I assume that this question would be better answered at the hack forum, but is anyone doing URL rewriting to present visitors and bots with the appearance of a static .html page with no query string?

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X