Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDesignZ.com
    replied
    The reason I am not purchasing the $160 owned license is because I am new to vBulletin, and I am not sure how to use it quite yet. When vB3 comes out, and I'm 99.9% sure it will come out before the expiration of the license I am getting, I will purchase an owned license. Another reason is I cannot pull $160 out of my pocket, and I am sure that when the time comes for me to renew, I will be able to purchase an owned license.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Z
    replied
    If you do get the Owned license, it is $30 per year IFF (if and only if) you iwsh to continue to download new versions. With the Owned license, even after the first year you can continue to run vbUlletin, get support, and download hacks.

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by INDesignZ.com
    Thank you very much for the prompt responses. I think vBulletin is the best BB to use, so I can dump the UBB.threads I currently use. I am definitely going to purchase a leased license as soon as the money "becomes available". Thank you again for the help!

-INDesignZ
    Just a quick question, why don't you go for an owned licence at $160? That means when vb3 does come out you will only have to pay $35 to renew the members area access instead of having to pay $85 each year?

Leave a comment:

• INDesignZ.com
    replied
    Thank you very much for the prompt responses. I think vBulletin is the best BB to use, so I can dump the UBB.threads I currently use. I am definitely going to purchase a leased license as soon as the money "becomes available". Thank you again for the help!

-INDesignZ

Leave a comment:

• Odysseus
    replied
    The CSS style will be edited in the ACP, yes.
    The code is parsed to every generated page, i think.

Leave a comment:

• INDesignZ.com
    replied
    What I mean by "1." is it possible to edit the CSS file for the vBulletin skin, in the Admin Control Panel, like can the CP open up vbstyle.css and then save it once I made the changes through the CP?

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    Did anyone else go over to dictionary.com to look up the *exact* meaning of that word?

If you check the announcements forum they post updates on the progess of vB3 every other week. The next update is supposed to go up this Monday so keep an eye out for it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. Not sure I understand the question.

2. You can have a test forum as long as it's not publicly accessible. This doesn't necessarily mean it has to be htaccess.

3. The vB 3.0 is not available publicly yet. The latest status update said that this is 'imminent'.

Leave a comment:

• INDesignZ.com
    started a topic Planning on buying.. a few questions...

Planning on buying.. a few questions...

I plan on purchasing a leased license of vBulletin for my site. However, there are some things I'd like to know...

1. Is it possible to cut and paste CSS code or can I link to a Stylesheet for the skin?

2. Is it allowed to put a "test vB" behind a PHP-powered security system or is the use of .htaccess only allowed to password-protect the testvb?

3. Can you download vBulletin 3 beta from the members area for a public beta test?