current customer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• current customer question

I already have Vbulletin running on one of my websites. I have another website under way, and want to install vb on it as well. I a bit confussed, or should I say concerned that there might be a confussion when I go to purchase another seperate lisences. Will there be any miss up as to which vb program is point to which site, and will I have to sign up as on a different account to do this etc?

thanks

you should use the seperate files as there is data which corresponds to the license that the file belongs to in each installation of vBulletin.

Any new licenses will just appear in the table in the members area and your priority support form increases from 3 to 6 i believe.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
      you should use the seperate files as there is data which corresponds to the license that the file belongs to in each installation of vBulletin.

Any new licenses will just appear in the table in the members area and your priority support form increases from 3 to 6 i believe.

so in other words, all I have to do is just download the program again from my members area and be sure to purchase a new seperate lisence, which then will appear in a second table with my current lisence.

pretty simple. thanks

Comment

yep thats all that will happen.

Another license is associated with your customer number and that table in the members area index with the current license simply has another row with more or less identical data.

Different license number and different expiry date.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Apparently not, I have 2 licences, and 3 additional email address's, I just contacted Steve from support about it, and I only have 3 per login, NOT licence.

Does this mean I should purchase my next licence under the missus's name or something?

Quality Hosting - Viper Internet
          We Make Server Management Easy! - EasyServerManagement.COM

Comment

you must have used different emails when purchaing the three licenses, if you put in a support ticket i'm sure steve or someone will join the licenses under one customer number.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

you must have used different emails when purchaing the three licenses, if you put in a support ticket i'm sure steve or someone will join the licenses under one customer number.

Sorry mate, they aint, they are under same name, ive been talking with Steve from support, i have to have one under a different name, email, and login, to get 6...

I only have one name!

Comment

If your licenses are under the same login, then you are limited to just three extra email slots.
                (From support query)

Comment

curiously i have two licenses and six names under priority support.

I'll check the code for it later.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

curiously i have two licenses and six names under priority support.

I'll check the code for it later.

Ok, thanks Scott, will check it again later =)

Comment

I've only got 3 Scott, and I have two licenses under the same login.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Please do not bump posts, it annoying. Ask for an update in your supprot ticket.
                            - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

sorry, support ticket didnt get me anywhere...

*remembers not to bump, and to pester staff instead... *

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X