X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FutureXec
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogo
    I am not responsive because I wrote in the thread an hack description that I won't send out the script until I fixed and added some things.
    After that I probably have no need to send it out anymore.
    So please do accept this and just wait a little longer. It will take me some time to get things done.
    Glad to hear that you're still working on it. The reason I was worried is because I'm new to the vBulletin community and I wasn't sure if you were still actively working on the script...

I'm anxious to get it! It's either this or wait till vB 3 is released

Thanks, hope your update with it goes well...

Leave a comment:

• Pogo
    replied
    I am not responsive because I wrote in the thread an hack description that I won't send out the script until I fixed and added some things.
    After that I probably have no need to send it out anymore.
    So please do accept this and just wait a little longer. It will take me some time to get things done.

Leave a comment:

• FutureXec
    replied
    Originally posted by Game Wizards
    I have used this convertor (the one from vb org) and it worked like a charm!
    The author is not being responsive to any contact I try to make with him...I hope he is still active with this.

It'd be a nightmare to have to wait for 3.0 to be released so I can get an import script, I wanted to get vBulletin up soon...

Leave a comment:

• Game Wizards
    replied
    I have used this convertor (the one from vb org) and it worked like a charm!

Leave a comment:

• Cary
    replied
    There's a beta script over at our hacking site - vbulletin.org

Take a look at http://www.vbulletin.org/hacks/index...ack&hackid=913

Leave a comment:

• FutureXec
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    When we write a convertor, we attempt to convert everything which includes users, posts, private messages (if available) and other data pieces that make your community thrive.

In very few cases, we can't do all of these like with EZBoard, we cannot import users because we have no access to the actual database. But we do as much as we can. Right now I cannot comment more on what the convertor will do.
    Thanks for the info.

I heard elsewhere that there currently is a converter available for Invision to the current version of vB ( 2.3 I believe? )...is this true? And if so is there anywhere I can get more information about this?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    When we write a convertor, we attempt to convert everything which includes users, posts, private messages (if available) and other data pieces that make your community thrive.

In very few cases, we can't do all of these like with EZBoard, we cannot import users because we have no access to the actual database. But we do as much as we can. Right now I cannot comment more on what the convertor will do.

Leave a comment:

• FutureXec
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    IPB = Invision Power Board

Yes, there will be an Importer for Invision for the next version of vBulletin.
    That's great news!

Could I get any more info on this?

What will I lose and what will be preserved? Sorry, I'm not familiar with any conversion processes...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    IPB = Invision Power Board

Yes, there will be an Importer for Invision for the next version of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What's IPB?

Leave a comment:

• FutureXec
    started a topic Question about next version of vB and converter to IPB

Question about next version of vB and converter to IPB

I'm interested in upgrading my current IPB to vB.

Though I've only had my forums for less then 2 weeks I have about 1200 posts and it's not worth it to me to lose the posts and member info to upgrade to vB.

I remember reading somewhere that with the next release there was going to be a conversion guide to from from IPB - vB? Is this true?

If I could convert all of my info, I would almost certainly purchase vB.

Thanks for any help/info.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X