Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for WorldPay and vB system not accepting order

Hi,

Although I have already mailed [email protected] enquiring about this problem, but I believe he must be quite busy (understandably), and for my impatience, am posting a query here too.

Two days earlier, I paid for vBulletin via WorldPay using credit card (it is a VISA), and the payment was accepted. Around 8 hours later, I received a mail from jelsoft that the "WorldPay and vBulletin system" has found my transaction "above average risk" and my order has been cancelled, for the fear of credit card fraud.

May I know under what circumstances would my transaction be considered "above average risk"? My bank doesn't have a problem with my account, then why WorldPay?

I cannot pay by PayPal because Citibank India has 'blacklisted' (term used by their support staff) PayPal.com and won't allow payment via it.

Thanks.

None of us (except maybe James) knows what criteria WorldPay is using. I can say however that we have been hit with a significant amount of credit card fraud recently and this is one of the unfortunate by-products of this fraud.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks. I re-tried with the additional credit card of the same bank account, and this time I received the License information (still clueless about criteria though).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X