Leased and Owned Licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leased and Owned Licenses

Hum, I would like to know what is the difference between a Leased and an Owned License.

Also, what is the difference between buying one or three licenses?? Do we get 3 boards instead of one??

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by sarah-jeanne; Mon 21 Apr '03, 7:47pm.

Each license lets you run one board (off of one set of the files and one database).
    If you purchase more than one license, then you can install vBulletin in as many locations as you have licenses (e.g. you buy 2 license and install one board at www.mydomain.com and another at www.macsrule.com)

A leased license lets you run the installation of vB for one year from the date of purchase. At then ed of the year you will need to renew ($85), change to an owned license ($160), or remove vBulletin from your site and delete all the files from your website.

An owned license lets you run the installation of vBulletin for an unlimited amount of time. After one year, you will need to pay $30 annually, only if you wish to be able to download the latest version (say an update or major version release). You can continue to run your board without renewing download access though.

Both license types allow you to change the location of your board (the domain), provided that you remove it from the old location. and of course, you get (what should be award-winning) support for the life of our license (1 year - Leased / Forever - Owned) from the wonderful vBulletin staff.

HTH. All dollar amounts stated above are US dollars.
    DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. and cannot be held accountable for any errors or ommisions in the above statements. If there is any of the aforementioned errors or ommissions, an official Jelsoft representative will be along to clarify/correct my response.
    I sincerely hope you choose vB, since it's the best!
    Last edited by Andy Z; Mon 21 Apr '03, 10:11pm. Reason: Fixed spelling and price errors
    - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Nicely said, Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z
        ...After one year, you will need to pay $35 annually, only if you wish to be able to download the latest version (say an update or major versio release)...
        Its $30 annually

Comment

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. and cannot be held accountable for any errors or ommisions in the above statements. If there is any of the aforementioned errors or ommissions, an official Jelsoft representative and/or a forum member will be along to clarify/correct my response.
          Editing original post.
          - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Andy pretty much summed it up. He must be trying to put me out of a job.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

One disclaimer...you aren't REQUIRED to pay $30.00 for renewel. Its strictly optional. You ARE REQUIRED to pay $30.00/year if you want to download the latest edition of vBulletin after your year is up though.

Other than that, Andy did sum it up
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                One disclaimer...you aren't REQUIRED to pay $30.00 for renewel. Its strictly optional. You ARE REQUIRED to pay $30.00/year if you want to download the latest edition of vBulletin after your year is up though.

Other than that, Andy did sum it up
                Actually, Andy said this as well.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Andy pretty much summed it up. He must be trying to put me out of a job.
                  Oh no, you've discovered my evil plan.

Thanks, Wayne and Josh. Glad I could help.
                  - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X