security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security

I am thinking about implementing this for a college.

I have some questions:

How could I test security on this product?

What happens to us as owners if you decide to discontinue this product or something like that?

What do you mean 'test security'?

Also if the company goes out of business, (an unlikely occurence) you will still have the version you paid for and downloaded. Obviously support would cease to exist. But this would be true for any software company that went out of business.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

username and password

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      What do you mean 'test security'?
      I just mean have people tested the code for back doors etc.
      and
      are the username and password when loggin in secure like ssl or could they be made secure?

Comment

You would have to have a license and install the software to fully test the security.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by rico001
          I just mean have people tested the code for back doors etc.
          and
          are the username and password when loggin in secure like ssl or could they be made secure?
          The software is fully tested and probed. There are no backdoors in the software. Whether or not your site uses SSL has no bearing on this software as that is a different technology. There is no extra programming involved to have a site utilize SSL.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X