VB 3.0 vs 2.x Source Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB 3.0 vs 2.x Source Code?

How different is the source code in 3.0 vs 2.x ? Is it a complete rewrite, or just some portions?

The reason for the question is that I would need to do some custom hacks. If 3.0 is completely different, then I'd only do critical changes and hold off on the rest. If it is reasonably similar, then I can do all the changes now.

Thanks.

I believe it is a complete rewrite.

Comment

complete re-write the vB2 code is in many different styles, vB3 has followed a standard.
      Last edited by Scott MacVicar; Tue 8 Apr '03, 1:33pm.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

how about a sample

Comment

Originally posted by TripleH
          how about a sample
          PHP Code:

Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

how about a sample
            PHP Code:
            $style!=$final 

Comment

how about a sample
              This is a actually a good idea.

Are there any plans for a developer pre-release?

With all the customizations out there, it would make sense to give developers the opportunity to start their migrations before the product is finally released.

Comment

Originally posted by ebraun911
                This is a actually a good idea.

Are there any plans for a developer pre-release?

With all the customizations out there, it would make sense to give developers the opportunity to start their migrations before the product is finally released.
                You will get this chance during the public beta before vB3 stable is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                  complete re-write the vB2 code is in many different styles, vB3 has followed a posting standard.
                  What is a posting standard?

Comment

a mis-type
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenik
                      What is a posting standard?
                      posting = coding

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                        You will get this chance during the public beta before vB3 stable is released.
                        Ok sounds great. Is there an expected date, or month, or quarter, or year(?) for the pubic beta?

I presume it is sometime in the next 2-3 months, and will purchase your product at that time.

Comment

There is no estimated release date for the public beta at this time.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by ebraun911
                            Ok sounds great. Is there an expected date, or month, or quarter, or year(?) for the pubic beta?

I presume it is sometime in the next 2-3 months, and will purchase your product at that time.
                            Every fortnight as Scott calls it (2 weeks) there is an update.. The next update is scheduled for this Monday

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X