Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi there a quick question if i may:)

hi

i am seriously thinking about getting a vbull licence but i would like to know one thing first...

could my friend also ask for help in these forums as we are going to be doing a joint venture...

its not a huge thing i just want to be clear in my mind thats all

thanks

phill

Hi Phill

Yes.
    The license holder my nominate up to three users of these forums to act on behalf of the license.

Comment

And those three Users can also use vBulletin.org to download hacks, and vBulletin Templates to get template modifications

Comment

great thanks for clearing that up

with any luck i'll be back in about a week

Comment

If you have a valid licence, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our licence verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
          does this mean as long as i htaccess it i can have a test board on a host and not my local machine as my pc would not handle it

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003
            does this mean as long as i htaccess it i can have a test board on a host and not my local machine as my pc would not handle it
            That's right.
            You can run na online test board as long as it's not publicly accessible.
            It is recommended the you .htaccess protect the main forums directory and close registration unless that is what you are testing at the time.
            You must name the test forums folder testvb so that when it calls home it is seen to be a tst forum not a second live forum.

Comment

fantastic thats what i wanted to hear

also i think there's a typo in the licence agreement

This licence gives you specific legal rights and the you may have other rights that vary from country to country.

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003
                fantastic thats what i wanted to hear

also i think there's a typo in the licence agreement
                Thank you for pointing that out.
                I've reported it to be looked at.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X