file uploading at vb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file uploading at vb

Hi, I just want to know how does VB stores avatars/attatchments, is it saved as blob in the database or is it uploaded to a directory in a user's webhost? thnx.

Attachments and custom avatars are stored in the database. If you add avatars to your board for your members to you, it's uploaded to a directory.

Comment

I see, thank you

Comment

Note that vB 3.0 will include the option to store these directly on the server instead of the database if you wish.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Note that vB 3.0 will include the option to store these directly on the server instead of the database if you wish.
          Can i convert the old-database-driven system into the new one (while updating from 229 to 300) ?
          Greets,
          TheSonic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSonic
            Can i convert the old-database-driven system into the new one (while updating from 229 to 300) ?
            Everything will be converted when you upgrade from a stock 2.2.9 to 3.0...

If you are using the Attachments in File System hack, there is an upgrade script available that will put all your attachments back in the database so the upgrade to 3.0 goes smoothly. Whether it will be part of the upgrade package or a separate release on vBulletin.org, is unknown to me at this time.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X