ASP Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP Version

A client of mine has their site hosted on an IIS server that doesn't have MySQL installed. We are incorporating a forum into their site and I was hoping to run vBulletin in it's standard configuration. I have been told by my host that it will not run on the server as it is.

Is there any way around this? Can vBulletin be setup to run using an Access DB as the backend?

I guess failing everything, cna anyone else recommend a forum that will run on an IIS server without MySQL?

Thanks in advance
    RA

No, vBulletin requires a MySQL backend.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I guess it's difficult for you guys to recommend anything other than your own product, but does anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelskin
        Thanks for that.

I guess it's difficult for you guys to recommend anything other than your own product, but does anyone else have any ideas?
        install MySQL for windows, it isn't difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by SiXXGuNNZ
          install MySQL for windows, it isn't difficult.
          For most people like me and you it isnt, but not everyone knows or has the time to do it.

Comment

Then hire someone who has the time and wants to do it.

You can try to search with google for ASP powered forums.

Comment

I have only installed it once using tecks method to run vb locally, took about 5 minutes to get apache/php/mysql running on my xp machine. I have seen asp powered forums, they are not so good :\

Comment

No offense, but if you are running IIS and ASP, then they/you have the money to burn on Microsoft solutions and troubleshooting their bugs and can afford to hire someone to put MySQL/PHP on there.

Comment

Do a search on google for Snitz Forums. It is your only viable alternative if you do not wish to install MySQL or PHP on your server.

Both can be installed on a Windows Server simply by double clicking a setup.exe file.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X