Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

free VB?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • free VB?

    hey is there a free vbulliten or did i just get an illegal version which i dont want since im not tha ttype and i want to make sure what im doing isnt illegal i have a file which im not sure where i got but i can give it to you but its 500kb i think plz guide me the right way

  • #2
    Originally posted by masterPade
    hey is there a free vbulliten or did i just get an illegal version which i dont want since im not tha ttype and i want to make sure what im doing isnt illegal i have a file which im not sure where i got but i can give it to you but its 500kb i think plz guide me the right way
    VB is NOT free. Whoever gave you the file please report it to the vbulletin staff, it is very illegal.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ChanServ
      VB is NOT free. Whoever gave you the file please report it to the vbulletin staff, it is very illegal.
      im not sure where i got it but i still have the file if that matters maybe its not the real thing im not sure

      Comment


      • #4
        You can send the vB files to [email protected] and I'll look into this.

        Meanwhile, if you happen to remember where you got the files, please send in an email to [email protected]

        Comment


        • #5
          it is not free, but still, lots ppl use it for free which is illegal...

          Comment


          • #6
            Cary, I also think I have found a site offering vB to download.
            I'm not sure if it the real thing so am sending you the file to check out.
            For all I know the thing could contain a virus.
            I have reported the url anyway.
            Last edited by vBR; Thu 20 Mar '03, 6:46am.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks, vBR.

              Comment


              • #8
                just wondering, wutcha gonna do when u find a site offer vb?


                lol, like send them an email?

                wut about they r not in ur country?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't know the exact procedure but I would guess it goes something like.
                  1. A polite email asking them to remove the vB.
                  2. Contact their host.
                  3. Contact their upstream provider.
                  4. Send in the men in suits.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cary, ive just sent you some more suspect copies of vb - complete with customer/member numbers still in the files. Plus some other information you might find of use.
                    None

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by v-net
                      Cary, ive just sent you some more suspect copies of vb - complete with customer/member numbers still in the files. Plus some other information you might find of use.
                      OMG
                      Would anyone really be that dumb?
                      Either they're really really dumb, genuinely didn't know about the call home functionality, or they have changed the license number.
                      What do you think?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Im thinking they are just plain stupid !


                        But I guess that will be up to the vb staff to decide.
                        None

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          illegal version

                          Report all piracy to [email protected]. I hope this helps.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vBR
                            I don't know the exact procedure but I would guess it goes something like.
                            1. A polite email asking them to remove the vB.
                            2. Contact their host.
                            3. Contact their upstream provider.
                            4. Send in the men in suits.
                            That wont do jack in some contrys, just look at cracks.am that site is totaly illegal in the US/UK, but the contry it is hosted it, it is fine, so it cant be shut down!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I just found another site with vB to download.
                              email sent to [email protected]
                              The license number was still in some of them.
                              Last edited by vBR; Sat 22 Mar '03, 5:13pm.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X