Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snitz 3.4.03 to VBulletin 2.3.0

Hello

My forum is now Snitz 3.4.03,but I need VBulletin.Because faster than Snitz code,also I have 3-4 questions.

1- Can I import my members,because I have 2000 members and also password is SHA256 encryptions,is it available in VBulletin ?
    2- Can I import forum and topic to VBulletin ?
    3- Attached files is problem in VBulletin,5000 users and many files will slow DB,but snitz upload files not in DB,only the diffrent directory webspace,if it is available,I purchase immediately.Or upgrade 2.3.0 to 3.x.x no problem,I'll purchase immediately again.

Thanks for ansvers now..

Originally posted by btekcan
    Hello

My forum is now Snitz 3.4.03,but I need VBulletin.Because faster than Snitz code,also I have 3-4 questions.

1- Can I import my members,because I have 2000 members and also password is SHA256 encryptions,is it available in VBulletin ?
    2- Can I import forum and topic to VBulletin ?
    3- Attached files is problem in VBulletin,5000 users and many files will slow DB,but snitz upload files not in DB,only the diffrent directory webspace,if it is available,I purchase immediately.Or upgrade 2.3.0 to 3.x.x no problem,I'll purchase immediately again.

Thanks for ansvers now..
    Here is the thread that will give you the information about importing from other products into vBulletin.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42794

Hopefully your forum software is also included, if not, request it in that thread, or contact [email protected] and inform about possible releases (in the near future).

Comment

MySQL is very scalable in regards to the attachments in database and can quite easily cope with databases in the GB range.
      It would be possible to adjust vBulletin to use the SHA1 algorithm for password verfication, but you would have to change a few files.
      There is no importer as of yet, mainly as most servers which have MSSQL support ASP and not PHP. Though a new line of importers are due for vB3.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

can I use same user passwords....for examlpe

d92ed76ef4d7d01ab6001da3f4e4364c012429c4fd0a40839ec20ca2d8ccfb94

This code is SHA256 ,can I use same password in VB ?

Because I have many users,I cannot say every user,please register again...

Thanks

Comment

vBulletin uses MD5. So guess not.

They don't have to register again,
          let the pass be 'false' and give them a link to 'reset password'.

vBulletin comes with a Lost Password feature which will reset the pass for them, they then receive through email how to update or retreive a new password.

Comment

For those of you trying to convert from Snitz and more specifically Max Web Portal... I finally accomplished this by converting to phpBB first, with the Snitz Migrator, then using the phpBB to vBulletin convertor.

It was a pain in the butt to do, but I only plan on doing it once

The Snitz Migrator for phpBB is really persnickety and a pain to get running. I had to do some PHP work to get it to work with the particular Snitz setup, but I finally beat it into submission.

It's not for the neophyte PHP user... you must have a fairly good grounding in PHP to understand what the Snitz migrator is doing (or not doing) and be able to debug it. It took me most of a day to finally get it to convert the 78,000 messages off the Snitz and into phpBB. My bat has a few dents in it now, from beating it into submission.

Comment

I am also trying to migrate from Snitz 3.4.03 to vbulletin. If there is an importer available, I would adopt vbulletin immediately.

Comment

Nine years later I'm in the same position. Nothing wrong with their forums but they appear to eat resources & my ISP has finally banned mine!
                It must be profitable for VBulletin to write a converter since I know many Snitz users are in the same situation - I would be happy to pay for conversion! (Well OK, not happy, but willing anyway).

Ah, I'm learning & have just found "Tier Systems List", so ignore me, I'll try to find out more...
                Last edited by skipsb; Mon 9 Apr '12, 2:14am.

Comment

Originally posted by agip33 View Post
                  I am also trying to migrate from Snitz 3.4.03 to vbulletin. If there is an importer available, I would adopt vbulletin immediately.
                  That's true it is easily support vbulletin.

Comment

Well I am not getting it properly it would be really helpful if you could able to show some demo of it. html5 charts
                    Last edited by JacobsElizabeth; Sat 28 Sep '13, 3:43am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X