Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Paid Yesterday, But No Software

Hello?

I paid yesterday by PayPal (got confirmation from PayPal), but now, a day later, no email from vBulletin, no password to go get the download. (This is my second vB, so I know it shouldn't take this long.)

What's the problem? What can I do? Am I missing something? Will a vB person please contact me? I need to get this up this weekend.

Buyer: Carol Bowman
    [email protected]
    (This email comes to me.)

Steve Bowman

I see an order that was processed on 01-28-03 for this name and email address.

If you are talking about a different order, then what payment option did you use? If you paid out of your PayPal funds then the sale goes right through. However if you pay using the PayPal "echeck" system. i.e., the order is funded directly from your bank account and not directly from your PayPal balance, the PayPal callback system does not contact the vBulletin server to confirm the order until the funds have been cleared. This may take up to 4 working days before the sale goes through.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's the problem then. I paid with PayPal echeck, not knowing what the effect would be. I have a fully validated account at PayPal.

So, I still need this now. Can I cancel that 2/7 order and start over with a different payment?

(BTW, the 1/28 order was a completely different affair. That board is up and running.)

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

You can send an email to [email protected] requesting a cancellation of this order. There's only one person who can do this however and he may not be able to respond for several days.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

echeck systems still takes quite a while. PayPal still needs to pull funds from that account and transfer it into your paypal account. From there it needs to go onto the vBulletin sales account.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

[email protected] is taking care of me. I ordered a second copy with immediate payment, and will be refunded for the first.

Good sign: I got quick response from Sales on a Saturday.

Thanks for your guidance.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sbowman
              [email protected] is taking care of me. I ordered a second copy with immediate payment, and will be refunded for the first.

Good sign: I got quick response from Sales on a Saturday.

Thanks for your guidance.

Steve
              I ordered my copy on december 31st 2001 at night I didn't expect to get a reply at all since I believe it was on a sunday too But they did, within 5 minutes, and 5 minutes later I had it downloaded and day after I was online! They rule over here

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                I ordered my copy on december 31st 2001 at night I didn't expect to get a reply at all since I believe it was on a sunday too But they did, within 5 minutes, and 5 minutes later I had it downloaded and day after I was online! They rule over here
                I can't remember the last Sunday that I didn't handle support tickets. It's been at least 6 months.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X